07 Aug Launching The Great Antidote Ride this October 2020
We are delighted to announce the launch of the Great Antidote Ride, the antidote to all things 2020. The ride is open to all, especially to those whose pie event was cancelled this year, enabling riders to meet and socialise “(almost) like the good old days”. It will be run exactly as you would expect from a pie ride – pie guides leading the way, pie tour leaders driving support vehicles, an array of pie cyclists, great food, fabulous riding, and a lot of banter.
The ride will start and finish in the Surrey Hills, Friday October 2nd 2020.
In order to encourage cyclists to bring guests who may be not-so-cycling-proficient, we have introduced some shorter routes. Cyclists will be able to choose between four different distances (40km, 60km, 100km and 125km), all incorporating sections of the 2012 London Olympic course, with an optional ascent of Box Hill for the 40k and 60k rides. Enjoy your chosen distance and then come together at the stops or at lunch.
pie guides will lead their group of 8 to 10 cyclists on each route offering different pacing on each. The ride will commence with breakfast and culminate in a well-earned mid-afternoon BBQ at a great local pub at the foot of Box Hill with 1-2 stops on the way.
Price per person £99
Included in the cost:
- Loop ride led by pie guides
- 4 optional distances
- Meet at the Stepping Stones Pub in Westhumble for coffee and breakfast
- 1-2 refreshment stops on route during the ride depending on the route
- Late lunch on return to the Stepping Stones Pub (drinks not included)
- Guides at a ratio of approximately 8-10 cyclists to one pie guide
- Gels and electrolyte tablets provided
- Support vehicles with bike spares, bike tool kits, first-aid kits, fresh water, sunscreen, etc
- Covid – 19 compliant policies
All the small print – risk assessments, fully insured operator, registration forms, kit lists, emergency cards
“MEGA-IMPRESSED WITH THE PIE TEAM, AS ALWAYS. AWESOME CARE AND SERVICE… IT’S AMAZING TO HAVE OTHER PEOPLE DO ALL THE THINKING FOR YOU SO THAT ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS GET ON THE BIKE AND RIDE.”