10 May CARDIFF TO PARIS BIKE RIDE 24TH JULY – 27TH JULY
July 24, 2023 - July 27, 2023
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Join Craig Maxwell on a Cardiff to Paris bike ride as he aims to fundraise over £300,000, and raise awareness of the QuicDNA project. The project aims to reduce the time it takes to diagnose lung cancer and improve access to treatments through the use of a new innovative biopsy blood test. Along with supporting QuicDNA, Craig will also be fundraising for Velindre Cancer Centre.
Setting off from Cardiff on Monday 24th July, we will make our way through to Frome on night 1 and on to Portsmouth on day 2. After dinner we take the overnight ferry arriving in Caen in the morning on day 3 where we have breakfast before we set off again toward Paris.
This event will be a fully supported guided ride, which will include support vehicles, medics, and the transport of bicycles back to Cardiff from Paris.
In terms of keeping your energy levels high, there will be three food and drink stops a day, post ride snacks, excellent evening meals and accommodation before the celebrations in Paris on Thursday 27th July.
Dates: Monday 24th – Thursday 27th July 2023
Cost per person including fundraising: £4,000
Includes all food, accommodation, overnight ferry crossing, post ride snacks, guides, medics, return transport of bikes, etc. Excludes travel back from Paris.
Cardiff to Frome – 127k; 1228 ascent
Gather in Cardiff for welcome briefing and send off. Load bags into pie vans, divide into smaller guided groups each led by a pie guide, and set off!
Three food stops a day.
Dinner and twin room accommodation at the Premier Inn Frome.
Frome to Portsmouth 133k; 1083m ascent
Breakfast at the Premier Inn, load luggage into the pie vans and set off for Portsmouth. Three food stops en route. At Portsmouth we shower and get changed, loading the bikes into the pie vans this time, before heading for the ferry. Overnight crossing in twin share cabins with ferry leaving at 22.45 and arriving at 07.30 the next day.
Caen to Evreux – 143k, 1053m ascent
Wake up in France! Disembark and have breakfast in a café in Caen. Head off on route towards Evreux with three stops during the day.
Dinner and accommodation in Ibis in Evreux.
Evreux to Paris – 113k; 976m
Breakfast in the hotel, luggage in the pie vans and head off on our last days riding to our destination – the Eiffel Tower in Paris. Three food and drink stops along the way.
Dinner and accommodation in the Novotel, Paris.
Travel back to the UK (not included)
pie take the bikes back to Cardiff, either Principality Stadium or Cardiff Rugby for storage.
Included in your cost;
- 3 night’s twin room en-suite accommodation in hotels
- 1 night twin share in cabin on overnight ferry
- 4 breakfasts
- 4 lunches
- 3 Refreshment stops each riding day
- 4 x 3 course evening meals
- Guides at a ratio of approx. 1 guide to 8 cyclists
- Support vehicles with bike spares, med kits, water, etc
- Tour leaders in charge of the logistics of the ride
- Medic x 1
- Return transfer of your bike back from Paris to Cardiff
- 1 unique Tour cycle jersey
- pie water bottles
- Celebration dinner on the last night
Not Included in the Package
- Flights back to UK
- Single room – available for a supplement
- Please note; if your family are arriving for the last night and you would like to stay with them this will need to be booked separately or at a supplement, please inform pie Events before 14th June – any additional costs are payable directly to pie.
- Travel insurance
- Bicycle insurance
- Personal expenditures
- Friends and family package – contact us for details 01932 460090
- Low Carbon Travel Options: See Rome2Rio.com
Testimonial from a Previous Rider
“I’ve ridden many time on pie events over the years, and I can say without fear of contradiction they are superb. And that word applies to all the essential components of a great trip – the organization, accommodation, food, guiding, support, location and routing. Oh – I left out the craic and camaraderie as well!”
Dermot Murnaghan, Sky News Reader
The cost of the event includes a donation to the charity. We encourage you to raise as much as possible with a minimum amount of £4,000.
Corporate Event Sponsorship:
There are many opportunities for businesses to get involved in supporting the Cardiff to Paris Bike Ride. Sponsorship opportunities can be from sponsoring a place for a charity beneficiary to join the ride, sponsoring the jerseys, sponsoring hotel or food, guides or vans – the option are vast.
In return for corporate sponsorship, your company could be highlighted on the ride jerseys, get exposure in match brochures, and be tagged in our social media.
Contact Craig Maxwell for more information: email@example.com
Sizing to be confirmed when a supplier is chosen:
The Cardiff to Paris bike ride is a guided ride with groups being led by pie guides who are familiar with the terrain and who help all abilities complete the challenge. For those not familiar with the pie guiding system:
- We offer guided rides to make sure we offer the very best care to our cyclists
- All of our guides are experienced cyclists. They range from ex-professional racers to keen amateurs and all are very used to guiding groups of differing abilities, experience and skills
- All of our guides will navigate their small group of 8 – 10 cyclists from start to finish
- They are on hand to do mechanical work so there is no waiting around for a mechanic’s van
- Many pie guides are first aid trained
- On most days cyclists can change groups (up or down) at any time during the day
- We make it suitable for most standards of cyclists – check the minimum daily distances and elevations to make sure you are happy with your level of fitness
We look forward to seeing you on the event!