12 Apr Changing Diabetes: Pedal for 7 – 8th to 15th June 2018
- June 8, 2018 - June 15, 2018
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
We are delighted to be working with Novo Nordisk again in the delivery of their “Changing Diabetes: Pedal for 7” Bike Ride 2018. This year the ride will go from Newcastle to Novo Nordisk diabetes research centre in Oxford, and is for employees and invited guests of Novo Nordisk only.
Date: 8th to 15th June 2018
- Cyclists will be accompanied by 2 members of Team Novo Nordisk (www.teamnovonordisk.com/)
- 7 days cycling through key health care regions visiting diabetes centres in a bid to spread awareness of diabetes and targeting of blood sugar levels.
- There will be a group of core riders doing the whole 7 day ride, cyclists joining for just a day, and informative talks along the way.
What’s included – core riders only
- Accommodation in single rooms x 7 nights
- Breakfast, lunch and 2 snack stops per day
- Dinner x 6 nights
- Post ride food & hydro tablets
- Tour leaders and medics
- Bike guides leading the way
- Support vehicles to transfer luggage and provide assistance on route
What’s not included
- Travel to / from the ride
- Dinner and accommodation on the final night
- Drinks with evening meals
Who are pie?
pie are unique in the industry offering only bespoke guided rides for companies, charities and groups of individuals.
Looking After You
The route has been fully recce’d and will be along smaller roads where ever possible making the cycling fun as well as challenging. The Pedal for 7 ride is fully supported with guides at a ratio of one guide to 8-10 cyclists, support vehicles, tour leaders and medics. All riders will receive morning and afternoon refreshment stops while on the ride, a substantial lunch and post ride snacks. Core riders only will receive breakfast at the hotel before setting off, dinner and single room accommodation each night.
The “Pedal for 7 Ride” is a guided ride with groups being led by pie guides and who help all abilities complete the challenge. In an age where independence rather than group cycling is heralded, those not familiar with the pie guiding system may be reluctant to follow rather than lead.
- We offer guided rides to make sure we offer the very best care to our cyclists
- All of our guides are experienced cyclists. They range from ex-professional racers to keen amateurs and all are very used to guiding groups of differing abilities, experience and skill
- All of our guides will navigate their small group of 8 – 10 cyclists, from start to finish
- They are on hand to do mechanical work so there is no waiting around for a mechanic’s van
- Many pie guides are first aid trained
- Cyclists can change groups (up or down) at any time during the day
We have set up a Strava “club” for the “Pedal for 7” bike ride. The link will be sent to you when you sign up.
If you have already got a personal Strava account you can just log on using the link we will send, join the “Pedal for 7” “club” and start your training with other cyclists. If you haven’t got a Strava account, simply enter your details in the “Sign Up for Free” section on Strava.
Follow us at #bespokeguidedrides #pieevents
The Pedal for 7 Ride is for employees and invited guests of Novo Nordisk only.
For further information, please contact Becky Hess: email@example.com