19 Apr Dentons – Richmond to Brighton
June 25, 2022 - June 26, 2022
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
We are delighted to be working with De ntons on their inaugural Richmond to Brighton Bike Ride. The ride will be for employees and invited guests of Dentons.
This 105k/ 60 mile route has approx 1100m of ascent, starts at Richmond Athletic Association in Richmond Upon Thames and heads south via the North Downs, the South Downs before finally arriving in Brighton.
- The start is from Richmond upon Thames, leafy suburbia, so the cycling is instantly excellent
- We have 2 refreshment stops along the way
- We will finish in a fabulous pub in Brighton
- Coach back to Richmond (departing circa 1830)
Meet at: the-raa.co.uk
Richmond Athletic Ground,
Twickenham Road, Richmond, TW9 2SF
- Please note there are restrictions on public transport if travelling with bikes:
- Get changed, leave personal belongings in pie vehicles
- Breakfast provided
- Meet other cyclists
- Welcome and briefing
- Fill water bottles, collect gels
- Meet the guides
- Divided into guided groups
- Set off to Brighton/Hove
There are a couple of challenges on the way.
Ranmore common is a lovely gentle ascent and the first “hill” on the profile above:
We will reach Devil’s Dye 95km into the ride. The elevation profile is below:
Finish at Rockwater for food and drink.
Coaches provided back to Richmond at 19.00.
Bikes loaded into pie vans and taken back to Richmond.
Insurance – travel and bike
· pie is delighted to be an approved partner of Yellow Jersey Cycle Insurance. Get 10% off using the code pieevents10.
Testimonial from a Previous Rider
“I’ve ridden many time on pie events over the years, and I can say without fear of contradiction they are superb. And that word applies to all the essential components of a great trip – the organisation, accommodation, food, guiding, support, location and routing. Oh – I left out the craic and camaraderie as well!”
Dermot Murnaghan, Sky News Reader
If your bike looks like this:
….You may want to start some training!
The Richmond to Brighton Bike ride is a guided ride with groups being led by pie guides who are familiar with the terrain and who help all abilities complete the challenge. For those not familiar with the pie guiding system:
- We offer guided rides to make sure we offer the very best care to our cyclists
- All of our guides are experienced cyclists. They range from ex-professional racers to keen amateurs and all are very used to guiding groups of differing abilities, experience and skills
- All of our guides will navigate their small group of 8 – 10 cyclists from start to finish
- They are on hand to do mechanical work so there is no waiting around for a mechanic’s van
- Many pie guides are first aid trained
- We make the ride suitable for most standards of cyclists -bar complete beginners. Check the minimum daily distances and elevations to make sure you are happy with your level of fitness vs the challenge above, then start some training to minimise the gap!
Please click “Register Here” to take you through the the registration page