13 Mar Diageo ride in aid of GroceryAid – 21st June 2018
June 21, 2018
7:00 am - 6:00 pm
We are delighted to work once again with Diageo in the delivery of their ride in aid of GroceryAid. This year, we are offering a one-day ride in Warwickshire, with three route options. Open to employees of Diageo only.
Date of ride:
Thursday 21st June 2018
- 3 route options
- 4 cycling groups
- Fully guided
- Support crew with medical backup
Itinerary (subject to change!)
Thursday 21st June 2018
We meet early on Thursday morning in Tanworth-in-Arden, where our pie crew will be on hand to welcome you and introduce you to your guide.
Following a bike check and briefing, your guides will lead the way out into the Warwickshire countryside along a choice of three routes – Base, Medium or Hard. Each route will share the same refreshment stops, meaning you’ll be able to catch up with your colleagues throughout the ride, and also swap groups if you fancy a change of pace.
Our support crew and medic will be on hand throughout the day providing assistance, transporting your day bags and generally providing lots of encouragement along the way! Of course, our guides will navigate each group along their chosen route, and will fix any mechanical issues / punctures.
The ride finishes back at Tanworth-in-Arden, where Diageo has organised overnight accommodation and a celebratory meal.
- Pre-event briefing session
- Bike guides to lead the way and help fix any mechanicals. Ratio of 1 guide for every 10 cyclists
- Support Crew
- Regular refreshment stops
- Training Programmes
What’s Not Included
- Travel to / from the ride
- Bike transfers
- Overnight accommodation (see your Diageo rep!)
Introduction to Diageo and GroceryAid
Diageo is a global leader in beverage alcohol with an outstanding collection of brands across spirits and beer. Diageo produce a collection of over 200 brands that are enjoyed in more than 180 countries in the world.
GroceryAid is the trading name of the National Grocers’ Benevolent Fund. The charity was founded in 1857 and looks after thousands of people within the grocery industry. For further information about the charity, please contact Kim Brimble Kim.Brimble@groceryaid.org.uk
Who are pie?
pie are unique in the industry offering only bespoke guided rides for companies, charities and groups of individuals.
Looking After You
The event is fully supported with guides at a ratio of one guide to 10 cyclists, support vehicles, tour leaders and medic(s). You will receive morning and afternoon refreshment stops whilst on the ride, along with a buffet lunch.
This is a guided ride with groups being led by pie guides who help all abilities complete the challenge. In an age where independence rather than group cycling is heralded, those not familiar with the pie guiding system may be reluctant to follow rather than lead.
- We offer guided rides to make sure we offer the very best care to our cyclists
- All of our guides are experienced cyclists. They range from ex-professional racers to keen amateurs and all are very used to guiding groups of differing abilities, experience and skill
- All of our guides will navigate their small group of 8 – 10 cyclists, from start to finish
- They are on hand to do mechanical work so there is no waiting around for a mechanic’s van
- Many pie guides are first aid trained
- Cyclists can change groups (up or down) at any time during the day
Follow us at #bespokeguidedrides, #DIAGEObikeride, #pieevents
Register for the ride
The ride is open to Diageo employees only. Click on the button below to register!