21 Jul GMP FIRSTENERGY – Annual Sportive June 22nd 2018
- GMP FIRSTENERGY – Annual Sportive
June 22, 2018
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
For those wanting a fun day out on a bike in beautiful countryside – this is it! If you would like more of a challenge, chuck in Box Hill to get you motivated! This will be an enjoyable day for all, with cyclists having a choice of a 60k or 100k route incorporating sections of the 2012 London Olympic course and with an optional ascent of Box Hill. pie guides will lead groups offering different pacing on each route. This loop ride will commence with breakfast and will culminate in a well-earned BBQ lunch mid-afternoon at a great local pub.
Friday, 22nd June 2018
08:30 Meet at the Stepping Stones pub in Westhumble for registration and breakfast
09:15 Meet the guides
Welcome and event briefing
Divide into groups (60k or 100k route)
Two cafe stops on route
15:00 Drinks and BBQ on return to the Stepping Stones pub
- Loop ride guided by pie guides
- Guides at a ratio of approximately 8-10 cyclists to one pie guide
- Support vehicles with bike spares, bike tool kits, first-aid kits, fresh water, sunscreen, etc
- All the small print – risk assessments, fully insured operator, contract, registration forms, kit lists, emergency cards
Who are pie?
pie are unique in the industry offering only bespoke guided rides for companies, charities and groups of individuals.
Looking After You
The route has been fully recce’d and will be along smaller roads making the cycling fun as well as challenging. This ride is fully supported with guides at a ratio of one guide to 8-10 cyclists, support vehicles, tour leaders and medics. You will receive breakfast at the pub before setting off, two cafe refreshment stops during the ride, and a substantial lunch.
Groups will be led by pie guides familiar with the terrain and who will help cyclists of all abilities complete the ride.
- Our guided rides make sure we offer the very best care to our cyclists
- All of our guides are experienced cyclists. They range from ex-professional racers to keen amateurs and all are very used to guiding groups of differing abilities, experience and skill
- Our guides will navigate their small group of 8 – 10 cyclists, from start to finish
- They are on hand to help with mechanical work so there is no waiting around for a mechanic’s van
- Cyclists can change groups (up or down) at any time during the day
- Learn more about the pie team here: https://www.pieevents.co.uk/guides-leaders-medics/pieevents.co.uk/guides-leaders-medics/
We have set up a Strava “club” event for the ride. The link will be sent to you when you sign up.
If you have already got a personal Strava account you can just log on using the link we will send, join the Scannappeal “club” and start your training with other riders.
If you haven’t got a Strava account, simply enter your details in the “Sign Up for Free” section on Strava.
Don’t be daunted by the leader board and other people’s fast times. We offer 3 different guides, with 3 different speeds, so there is something for everyone.
For More Information:
For more information contact Gemma Halliday: email@example.com
THIS IS A PRIVATE EVENT FOR GUESTS AND EMPLOYEES OF GMP FIRSTENERGY ONLY