29 Nov GroceryAid London to Paris ride (Newhaven route) – 8th – 11th Sept 2022
GroceryAid London to Paris 2022
September 8, 2022 - September 11, 2022
6:00 am - 7:00 pm
We are delighted to work once again with GroceryAid in the delivery of their London to Paris cycle ride! 2022 is set to the biggest ride yet, with 200 cyclists taking part. In fact, it’s so big, we’ve split the ride over two routes. The info below is for the NEWHAVEN-DIEPPE route – a brand new route for GroceryAid!
Dates of Ride
8th-11th September 2022
- New routes for days 1, 2 & 3
- Riding through the Surrey Hills
- Finish at the Palace of Versailles
- Fantastic celebration meal in Versailles
**New routes for days 1, 2 & 3**
We meet early on Thursday morning at Saputo HQ, Weybridge. You’ll have a chance to register with the pie team and meet your guide, before the welcome speech and safety briefing. It’s then out onto the road for the ride to the coast!
Our route takes us straight into the Surrey Hills, and the first stop of the day follows in a charming village hall, offering the opportunity to spend a few minutes off the saddle and to reward yourself with a slice of cake (or two)!
We pass through some wonderful scenery as we continue our journey south, stopping for lunch and again later on in the afternoon. Dinner and changing facilities will be provided on the 4hr ferry crossing to Dieppe, before hopping onto coaches for a short transfer to the hotels.
Hotel accommodation will be provided in twin rooms, although a limited number of single rooms are available for a supplement.
Breakfast is taken at the hotel, before hitting the roads with sea air filling our lungs, and hopefully the wind pushing us along!
Again, there will be three stops during the day, before finishing at the town of Vernon. Dinner is taken at the hotel’s restaurant.
The final day! You’ll need little motivation to begin the final push towards Paris! You will have time to reflect on the achievements of the past few days as we pass fields of sunflowers and corn. Our finish line is at the magnificent Palace of Versailles, before the short ride to the hotel!
That evening you will have the opportunity to toast your success at the celebration meal, along with friends, family and of course, your fellow cyclists.
Sunday – Travel Home
Free Day! You will have time to take in the famous Parisian atmosphere, before boarding one of our two Eurostar trains back to London. Don’t worry about your bikes – we will transport them back to London for you, in time for your arrival into St Pancras. For those heading back to Saputo, there will be coaches ready and waiting to take you back to Weybridge, and of course, your bikes will be there for you to collect also!
- pie bike guides at a ratio of 1 guide for every 10 cyclists. Our guides will be responsible for the navigation of their groups, along with providing mechanical assistance along the way.
- Full support crew working behind the scenes setting up regular refreshment stops, transferring luggage and dealing with hotels
- Fully qualified medics
- All food from a light breakfast on the first day to breakfast on the Sunday
- Hotel accommodation x 3 nights (twin share)
- Bike transport back to the UK (St Pancras or Weybridge)
- Eurostar from Paris to the UK (two train options)
What’s Not Included
- Personal travel and bike insurance
- Single Supplement costs
- Drinks with evening meals
Testimonial from a previous rider
“The London to Paris bike ride is everything a good charity event should be. It’s very well organised and run, it’s challenging, a real test and as such it brings people together from across the industry and engenders a real camaraderie and fun. All bound by a common purpose – to raise money for our industry charity, GroceryAid ” (Jason Tarry, Chief Commercial Officer, Tesco plc).
GroceryAid is the trading name of the National Grocers’ Benevolent Fund. The charity was founded in 1857 and currently looks after thousands of people in the grocery industry. For further information, please contact Charlotte at GroceryAid – Charlotte.Norris@groceryaid.org.uk
Fundraising and Sponsorship
All fundraising and sponsorship enquiries should be directed to GroceryAid. There are opportunities to sponsor specific elements of the event, for example the celebration meal, cycle jerseys and refreshment stops.
Who are pie?
pie are unique in the industry offering only bespoke guided rides for companies, charities and groups of individuals.
Looking After You
The event is fully supported with guides at a ratio of one guide to 10 cyclists, support vehicles, tour leaders and medics. Each day you will receive breakfast at the hotel before setting off, morning and afternoon refreshment stops while on the ride, a substantial lunch plus dinner and twin room accommodation each night.
The London to Paris is a guided ride with groups being led by pie guides who help all abilities complete the challenge. In an age where independence rather than group cycling is heralded, those not familiar with the pie guiding system may be reluctant to follow rather than lead.
- We offer guided rides to make sure we offer the very best care to our cyclists
- All of our guides are experienced cyclists. They range from ex-professional racers to keen amateurs and all are very used to guiding groups of differing abilities, experience and skill
- All of our guides will navigate their small group of 8 – 10 cyclists, from start to finish
- They are on hand to do mechanical work so there is no waiting around for a mechanic’s van
- Many pie guides are first aid trained
- Cyclists can change groups (up or down) at any time during the day
We have set up a Strava “club” for the GroceryAid London to Paris and Coast to Coast bike rides. Just ask us for the link and we’ll send it through!
If you have already got a personal Strava account you can just log on using the link, join the “club” and start your training with other GroceryAid cyclists. If you haven’t got a Strava account, simply enter your details in the “Sign Up for Free” section on Strava.
Don’t be daunted by the leader board and other people’s fast times! As the rides are guided, different groups will ride at different speeds, so there is something for everyone.
Follow us at #bespokeguidedrides, #GAL2P, #pieevents
Registrations will open shortly. Contact GroceryAid for more details.