19 Sep Hertford 500 Mile Bike Ride 2020 Option 3 – Cambridge to Oxford 18th July 2020
- Hertford College Bike Ride 2020 Option 3 - Cambridge to Oxford
July 18, 2020
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
In July 2020, to celebrate the Principalship of Will Hutton and as we gear up for our 150th anniversary celebrations in 2024, we will be embarking on another bike ride – this time starting from the Bridge of Sighs in Venice and cycling back via countless bridges in the Netherlands and the Cambridge Bridge of Sighs to Oxford and the Hertford Bridge! Whether you’re a recent graduate or a longstanding member of our alumni community, this is a fantastic opportunity to come together to celebrate Hertford, get to know other alumni, fellows and students, and to raise money for a great cause.
Although there will be some cyclists joining the ride in Venice or Bruges, this webpage is for people wanting to join the ride in Cambridge on Stage 3. From Cambridge, which has its own Bridge of Sighs, we will make our way through 80 miles of countryside towards our Hertford home, where we will have a celebratory barbecue for all our riders to mark the finale of our 500 miles bike ride across 7 countries. The route will be for cyclists of all abilities, and we hope that as many alumni and friends as possible will join us for this final day of the adventure!
Base route only – subject to change
- Optional 100 mile route for elite cyclists
- Celebration finish in Hertford
- Guided groups at different speeds to match your level
Cycling Stage 3:
This webpage is to sign up for Option 3: the 1 day Cambridge to Oxford route.
Cost per person:
- 1 day event (Cambridge to Oxford): £100 + fundraising
Non-fundraiser ticket prices
We know that not everyone wants to fundraise, so we have introduced a ‘non-fundraiser’ ticket price. If your friends and family have donor fatigue or you don’t want to ask for support for another reason, you can still sign up to the bike ride without needing to fundraise for your place. If you choose this option, some of the money will be paid to pie and some to Hertford.
- 1 day event (Cambridge to Oxford): £200
Ticket prices include
3 refreshment stops during the day including a morning stop, lunch and afternoon stop plus post ride food, guides/mechanics (at a ratio of approx 1 guide to 8-10 cyclists), medic, tour leaders in charge of the logistics of the ride, possible extra route option, support vehicles (with bike spares, medical kits, water, etc), a pie water bottle, finish celebrations at Hertford College, and, of course amazing cycling.
Not Included in the Package
- Travel to Cambridge for the start of your ride (once you have signed up we will send you some travel recommendations)
- Transfer of bikes to the start of the ride
- Cycle jersey
- Travel insurance
- Bicycle insurance
- Personal expenditures
There is no travel included in the package price for the event. You will need to organise travel to Cambridge, ready for an 8am start, and onward travel from Hertford at the finish.
We encourage you to fundraise for this event using Everydayhero.com (https://nfp.everydayhero.com/uk/hertford-college).
All donations towards the bike ride will go towards whichever area you choose to support: this could be a specific area like Student Support, teaching and research in a specific subject, or our planned redevelopments of the college’s buildings on the Catte Street site. Or you can choose to keep your fundraising donations unrestricted (this is our preferred option, so we can put your donations towards the area of greatest need). Just let us know when you set up your fundraising page.
If you have any questions please contact the Development team on Development.Office@hertford.ox.ac.uk, or 01865 279428.
If you don’t want to fundraise, you can sign up for one of the non-fundraising places.
To book on the Cambridge to Oxford 2020 bike ride register using the Registration button below.
Payment is as follows:
- The deposit for Option 3: Cambridge to Oxford is £15
- Balance payable by 8th May 2020
All payments are non–refundable.
Method of Payment:
- There are 3 payment options.
- First option is to pay the £15.00 deposit by cheque or BACS (please contact us for details: email@example.com)
- 2nd option is to pay the £15.00 deposit below online with a card
- Finally, the 3rd option is to pay the full amount now by cheque or BACS (please contact us for details: firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you are signing up 10 weeks before departure or less, please pay the full amount by Bacs or cheque. Your place is not confirmed until we have received payment.
We look forward to seeing you there!
NB. Occasionally people have problems registering. There are various solutions:
- try to change your browser and/or register using incognito or private mode which some people have found helps
- make sure you have your passport / travel insurance details to hand before you start the registration process as some people get a time out error
- ask us (Tina@pieevents.co.uk) to send you the registration form as a Word doc attachment and we will manually input your data and send you the confirmation
- try registering and clicking the button to pay by BACS (not online via PayPal)
- to go to the pub and come back tomorrow and have another go when we hope to have solved the problem!