10 Feb Hertford College’s “Conquering the Cotswolds” Bike Ride July 1st 2017
- July 1, 2017
7:00 am - 7:00 pm
Hertford College are offering two fantastic, fully supported rides through the rolling hills, quiet lanes and beautiful villages of the Cotswolds – a choice of 160kms or 100 kms. No matter which route you choose, your ride will be fully supported by pie guides, medics, support crew and refreshment stops. All you need to do is concentrate on cycling and we take care of the rest!
- Challenge Type: Road cycling
- Challenge Name: Conquering the Cotswolds Bike Ride
- Destination: Cotswolds, UK
- Date: Saturday 1st July 2017
- Grade: Medium
- Choice of routes – 100km / 814m ascent, or 160km/1347m ascent
- Stunning countryside and beautiful villages
- Fully supported route with guides, vehicles, medic and excellent refreshment stops
- End of event party at Hertford College
Numbers of riders:
30 – 80
Itinerary (subject to change):
- In the morning, the cyclists arrive in time for breakfast at Hertford College, a welcome and safety briefing, and a bike check
- Choose your route and join your guide for your perfect pace. Cyclists divide into their pre-determined guided groups for the day, and our bike guides will go through their group briefing. Cyclists are able to change groups during the ride to slower or faster groups. Depending on the final routes it may or may not be possible to be able to swap between routes.
- On both routes, we will provide 3 x refreshment stops during the day (morning, afternoon and lunch), before the cyclists arrive back at Hertford College
- Showers and changing area provided at Hertford
- Dinner/BBQ in the Quad
Registration at Hertford College: 06.45
Breakfast at Hertford College: 07.00
Team photograph: 08.15
First Riders depart: 08.30
Dinner/BBQ in the Quad: 19.00
THE PAYMENT OPTION
(The payment option goes towards the cost of the event and doesn’t include a donation).
There is cost of £35 for the hike/bike ride and £20 for the barbecue afterwards. Please use this link to pay via Eventbrite, if you haven’t already done so.
THE FEEL-GOOD (FREE) OPTION
(Sign up for the hertford360! Conquering the Cotswolds is included in the hertford360 package).
Breakfast at Hertford College
Lunch, 2 refreshment stops and post ride snack
Experienced pie guides at a ratio of 10 cyclists : 1 guide
Tour leaders, event manager, support vehicles, & fully qualified medics
Option of 2 cycle routes – 100 miles or 100k
Training programmes, kit list, nutritional tips, etc
Does not include:
Travel and bike insurance
Personal expenditures such as drinks
Celebratory BBQ after-party
Register below (and via Eventbrite to pay, if applicable)!
The route will be fully recce’d and will be along a selection of mainly small, safe routes making the cycling fun as well as challenging.
The event is fully supported with guides at a ratio of one guide to 10 cyclists, support vehicles, tour leaders and medics.
Itinerary subject to change