10 Feb Hertford College’s “Conquering the Cotswolds” Hike 1st July 2017
- July 1, 2017
7:00 am - 7:00 pm
Hertford College are offering the opportunity to do a choice of three beautiful walks combining the Oxfordshire Way, Diamond Way, D’Arcy Dalton Way and some routes of our own, through the rolling hills and beautiful villages of the Cotswolds. Our experienced chaperones will lead the way, so all you need to do is bring your walking boots and decide which route you’d like to walk!
- Challenge Type: Hike
- Challenge Name: Conquering the Cotswold hike
- Destination: Cotswold, UK
- Date: Saturday 1st July 2017
- Grade: Easy / Medium
A Choice of 3 Routes
– A morning linear hike from Bourton-on-the-Water to Kingham: 13kms & 146m of elevation
– An afternoon circular hike around Kingham: 14kms & 165m of elevation
– Or do the full day of 27kms!
NB. For logistical reasons cut off times will apply. However, on the whole day walk, we will offer a shorter walk in the afternoon for those who take a little longer in the morning.
- Stunning countryside
- Fully supported route with “walk chaperones”, vehicles and excellent refreshments
- Transfer to and from Hertford College
- End of event party at Hertford College
- Registration and breakfast at Hertford College: 07.00
- Team photograph: 07.45
- Transfer leaves Hertford College for Bourton on the Water : 08.00
- AM Hike departs Bourton: 09.00
- Transport leaves Hertford for Kingham and lunch: 11.30
- PM Hike departs Kingham: 13.00
- Dinner/BBQ in the Quad: 19.00
Numbers of walkers:
5 – no upper limit
THE PAYMENT OPTION
(The payment option goes towards the cost of the event and doesn’t include a donation).
There is a cost of £35 for the hike/bike ride and £20 for the barbecue afterwards. Please use this link to pay via Eventbrite, if you haven’t already done so.
THE FEEL-GOOD (FREE) OPTION
(Sign up for the hertford360! Conquering the Cotswolds is included in the hertford360 package).
- Lunch, plus appropriate refreshment stops as detailed above
- Experienced, first aid qualified, walking “chaperones”
- Support vehicles to be called on in the event of an emergency
Does not include:
- Personal expenditures such as drinks
- Walking equipment such as poles
Celebratory BBQ after-party BBQ:
To sign up and pay the £20 entrance to the Celebratory After Event Party please go to EventBrite:
Register below (and via Eventbrite to pay, if applicable)!
Looking after you
The route will be fully recce’d and will be along a selection of byways and bridleways making the walking fun as well as challenging.
The event is fully supported with chaperones at a ratio of one chaperone to 10 walkers and support vehicles and medics on call.
Itinerary subject to change