17 Jul HIGHLAND EUROPE MALLORCAN ESCAPE OCTOBER 6TH – 8TH 2021
- October 6, 2021 - October 8, 2021
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
We are delighted to be hosting Highland Europe’s Mallorcan Escape! After the closure of office’s Europe-wide due to the pandemic, Highland Europe are celebrating the return to near normality, by spending time together on the lovely island of Mallorca. Mallorca is the ultimate place to enjoy many activities in the very special setting of mountains dropping into the sea under a deep blue sky.
There will be various activities on offer – a cycle ride each day with a choice of difficulties available, yoga and an amazing trek ending in a boat ride along this incredible coast.
Dates: October 6th – 8th 2021
Includes all food, 2 nights 5 star accommodation, restaurant dinners, goodie bag, drinks with meals, snacks, trekking and walking guides, yoga teacher route options per day, hire bikes, etc.
Where Are We Going?
Mallorca is very hilly and the juxtaposition of the mountain range against the Mediterranean is what makes it so beautiful.
Flights into Mallorca and transfer from the airport to the hotel.
This afternoon there is a choice of a 50k bike ride in the southern Tramuntana or a yoga session.
Dinner and accommodation in single rooms in the ***** Maricel Hospes.
Yoga by the sea
Wednesday loop ride
After breakfast in the hotel the group choices are a full day trek including a boat ride to Puerto Soller; a 75k bike ride from the hotel to the northern side of the Tramuntana at Puerto Pollensa, cycling the spine of the range; or, a 150k bike ride including all the classic climbs of the island such as Sa Calobra, Puig Major and Col de Soller to name a few.
Transfer back at the end of the day to the hotel before transfer out to dinner overlooking the Med.
Included in the Package;
- 2 night’s single room en suite accommodation in 5 star Maricel Hospes
- 2 breakfasts
- 2 restaurant lunches
- If cycling refreshment stops
- 2 evening meals including drinks
- Yoga session
- ¾ day trek with guide
- pie bike guides at a ratio of approx 1 guide to 8-10 cyclists on a choice of routes
- Support vehicles
- Tour leaders in charge of logistics
- Hire of bikes where relevant
- 1 unique cycle jersey or walking top
- airport transfers as required
- activity transfers as required
Not Included in the Package
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenditures
Although at the time of writing, we are looking forward to a slight relaxation of the Covid “Rules” and many people will have been vaccinated, we will still be mindful of the regulations and our part in reducing the spread of the virus.
- We ask you not to attend if you have any symptoms.
- We ask if you have not had a vaccine that you get tested to reduce transmission. If you have a positive test result within 3 days of arriving on the Tour we ask that you do not attend the Tour.
- Although we will spend most of the day outdoors, indoors it may still be the law to wear a face mask while moving around inside. Please therefore bring a mask to wear while at the refreshment stops during the day and in the communal areas of the hotel.
- Where possible wash your hands. Where not possible there will be plenty of hand sanitiser gel in our vans, at the stops and in the hotel so please use them liberally.
- Give people space – not everyone will have been vaccinated.
- Please consider offsetting your carbon emissions via one of the many carbon offset schemes around. To calculate your carbon emissions from to Mallorca check here https://climatecare.org/calculator/.
- We have found the below list of carbon offset providers to be financially efficient but if you have one that you would prefer to use, please share it with us so we can add it here.
Insurance – travel and bike
- pie is delighted to be an approved partner of Yellow Jersey Cycle Insurance. Get 10% off using the code pieevents10.
Testimonial from a Previous Rider
“I’ve ridden many time on pie events over the years, and I can say without fear of contradiction they are superb. And that word applies to all the essential components of a great trip – the organisation, accommodation, food, guiding, support, location and routing. Oh – I left out the craic and camaraderie as well!”
Dermot Murnaghan, Sky News Reader
If your bike looks like this after lockdown:
….You may want to start some training!
You will be receiving 1 exclusive cycle jersey if you have chosen to cycle and a top if not.
The Mallorca Escape includes a guided bike ride with groups being led by pie guides who are familiar with the terrain and who help all abilities complete the challenge. For those not familiar with the pie guiding system:
- We offer guided rides to make sure we offer the very best care to our cyclists
- All of our guides are experienced cyclists. They range from ex-professional racers to keen amateurs and all are very used to guiding groups of differing abilities, experience and skills
- All of our guides will navigate their small group of 8 – 10 cyclists from start to finish
- They are on hand to do mechanical work so there is no waiting around for a mechanic’s van
- Many pie guides are first aid trained
- On most days cyclists can change groups (up or down) at any time during the day
- We make the ride suitable for most standards of cyclists (bar complete beginners) – check the daily distances and elevations to make sure you are happy with your level of fitness vs the challenge above, and then start some training to minimise the gap!
- About the pie team
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter at #bespokeguidedrides #pieevents
We look forward to seeing you in Mallorca!