08 Dec HIPZ CONQUER THE COTSWOLDS 24TH & 25TH SEPTEMBER 2022
September 17, 2022 - September 18, 2022
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
We are delighted to be hosting the Health Improvement Project Zanzibar (HIPZ) 15th anniversary celebration fundraising event, Conquer the Cotswolds.
Dates: September 24th & 25th 2022
HIPZ Conquers the Cotswolds will start and finish in Oxford and will take place over two days – Saturday 24th September and Sunday 25th September 2022.
You can choose to take part in the trek or the bike ride. The trek will walk a marathon over the weekend – 26 miles, split over two days. The cyclists will be able to choose whether to take on a 100 mile or 160 mile route over the weekend. We’ll stay in St Hughes College, Oxford in single (or double for couples) en-suite rooms. We’ll go out for dinner together on the Saturday night and will get together for a celebratory bite to eat on the Sunday afternoon before heading home.
There are two ways to register. You can either pay the full event cost of £350 and fundraise £500, or can you pay £150 to register and fundraise £700. The cost covers the guides, preparation and training advice, vehicle support, coach transfers for the trekkers, all food throughout the event including dinner on Saturday night and accommodation. You’ll get a lovely t-shirt or cycling jersey, and best of all you’ll be making a huge difference to the work in Zanzibar.
We can’t wait to get you all together for a fun, challenging and rewarding weekend in the Cotswolds!
Rough Itinerary (subject to small changes)
Saturday 24th September
- 9.00: Meet in Oxford at agreed location for briefing (TBC)
- 10.00: Depart on day one of challenge (13 mile trek; 50 mile or 80 mile bike ride)
- 17:00: Finish for the day
- 18:30: HIPZ Conquers the Cotswold Dinner
Sunday 25th September
- 8:00: Breakfast
- 9:00: Depart on day two of challenge (13 mile trek; 50 mile or 80 mile bike ride)
- 16:00: Reach the finish line! Celebratory food and drink
- 17:00: Depart
Register on the HIPZ website using this link:
We will be mindful of the regulations and our part in reducing the spread of the virus at all times.
- We ask you not to attend the trip if you feel unwell.
- We ask if you have not had a vaccine that you get a lateral Flow Test to reduce transmission.
- Although we will spend most of the day outdoors, indoors it may be the law to wear a face mask while inside. Please bring a mask to wear while at the refreshment stops during the day and in the communal areas of the hotel.
- Where possible wash your hands. Where not possible there will be plenty of hand sanitiser gel in our vans, at the stops, and in the college so please use them liberally.
- Give people space – not everyone will have been vaccinated.
Insurance – travel and bike
· pie is delighted to be an approved partner of Yellow Jersey Cycle Insurance. Get 10% off using the code pieevents10.
Testimonial from a Previous Rider
“I’ve ridden many time on pie events over the years, and I can say without fear of contradiction they are superb. And that word applies to all the essential components of a great trip – the organisation, accommodation, food, guiding, support, location and routing. Oh – I left out the craic and camaraderie as well!”
Dermot Murnaghan, Sky News Reader
If your bike looks like this after lockdown:
….You may want to start some training!
The HIPZ Conquer the Cotswolds event encompasses a guided ride and a guided trek each with groups being led by pie guides who are familiar with the terrain and who help all abilities complete the challenge. For those not familiar with the pie guiding system:
- We offer guided rides to make sure we offer the very best care to our guests
- All of our guides are experienced cyclists and trekkers and all are very used to guiding groups of differing abilities, experience and skills
- All of our guides will navigate their small group of 8 – 10 cyclists from start to finish
- Bike guides are on hand to do mechanical work so there is no waiting around for a mechanic’s van
- Many pie guides are first aid trained
- On most days cyclists can change groups (up or down) at any time during the day
- We make the ride suitable for most standards (bar complete beginners) – check the daily distances and elevations to make sure you are happy with your level of fitness vs the challenge above, and then start some training to minimise the gap!
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter at #bespokeguidedrides #pieevents
We look forward to seeing you on the Conquer the Cotswolds Event!