06 Oct HOGAN LOVELLS LONDON TO BIRMINGHAM CYCLE RIDE 2023 – 20TH – 21ST OCTOBER
October 20, 2023 - October 21, 2023
7:00 am - 5:00 pm
A two-day cycle ride for employees of Hogan Lovells. They will have the opportunity to cycle 255km over the 2 days, going via Oxford.
The ride will start at their London office from where they will head to a café in the grounds of Hampton Court for their first stop. They’ll then continue on to lunch in Dorney followed by an afternoon stop in Turville Northend after cycling through the Chiltern Hills. The 124km day will then finish in Oxford.
Day 2 begins in Oxford where they will make their 33km journey to Charlbury for their first stop of the day. From there they will head through the Cotswolds to Blockley for lunch before a 29km ride to their afternoon stop. The day and ride will then finish at their office in Birmingham.
Once the cycle ride is completed and you have arrived at the finish, there will be access to showers and refreshments provided by Hogan Lovells.
This is a road cycle route with open roads so you will be sharing the road with other road users. The best kind of bike to use is a road bike. If you have a hybrid bike it will be fine but mountain bikes will be slow and heavy on a route that is all tarmacked roads. If you are thinking of using an ebike get in touch with email@example.com for our ebike information.
- Guided ride led by pie guides
- 3 refreshment stops each day
- Celebrations at finish
- Guides at a ratio of approximately 8-10 cyclists to one pie guide
- Gels and electrolyte tablets
- Support vehicles with bike spares, bike tool kits, first-aid kits, fresh water, sunscreen, etc
- All the small print – risk assessments, fully insured operator, registration forms, kit lists, emergency cards
Who are pie?
pie are unique in the industry offering only bespoke guided rides for companies, charities and groups of individuals.
Groups will be led by pie guides familiar with the terrain and who will help cyclists of all abilities complete the challenge.
- Our guided rides make sure we offer the very best care to our cyclists
- All of our guides are experienced cyclists. They range from ex-professional racers to keen amateurs and all are very used to guiding groups of differing abilities, experience and skill
- Our guides will navigate their small group from start to finish
- They are on hand to help with mechanical work so there is no waiting around for a mechanic’s van
- Many pie guides are first aid trained
- Cyclists can change groups (up or down) at one of the stops during the day
- Learn more about our guides, leaders and medics
THIS IS A CLOSED EVENT FOR EMPLOYEES OF HOGAN LOVELLS ONLY