26 Nov Land’s End to John O’Groats – 18th May – 29th May 2022
May 18, 2022 - May 29, 2022
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
We are delighted to announce the launch of pie’s inaugural Land’s End to John O’Groats bike ride.
This is a ten day bike ride starting at Land’s End on the 19th May 2022 and finishing in John O’Groats on May 28th 2022. Cyclists can raise funds for the charity of their choice if they like. All food and accommodation is provided for 11 nights, starting with dinner and hotel on the 18th May near Land’s End. We start riding on the 19th May, and finish on the 28th May 2022 in John O’Groats. Transfers will be provided to the hotel in Inverness at the end of the ride on 28th May. Dinner and accommodation will be provided that night, and you are free to travel home the following day..
Dates: May 18th – 29th 2022
Cost per person: £1950
Includes all food from dinner on May 18th to breakfast on 29th May, 11 nights accommodation in twin rooms, 2 x cycle jerseys, 2 x stops per day (morning and afternoon), lunches, daily post ride snacks, guides, medics, support vehicles, coach / bike transport from John O’Groats to Inverness, and bike transfer to/from Towcester and / or Weybridge, Surrey.
Where Are We Going?
Example Distances and Elevations.
Final distances, elevations and stopping points will be confirmed closer to departure:
- Bucket list event!
- Beautiful countryside, and fabulous towns and villages such as Ironbridge, Ross on Wye and Wells
- 10-day fully supported, guided ride
18th May, 2022 evening arrival
- Meet on the Wednesday evening 18th May in Land’s End Hotel
- Welcome and briefing over dinner from pie event manager
19th May Thursday
- Early breakfast at hotel
- Luggage in the pie van
- Guide briefing at the start
- Set off
- 3 food / refreshment stops per day
- Arrival at hotel
- Shower and dinner with briefing on the next day’s ride
Repeat until the 28th May when we celebrate your achievements in John O’Groats!
Coach transfer to Inverness for dinner and accommodation.
May 29th 2022
Own travel home
Included in your Package;
- 11 nights twin en suite accommodation in hotels
- 11 breakfasts
- 10 lunches, refreshment stops in the morning and afternoon on each riding day
- 10 evening meals
- Guided riding each day
- Guides at a ratio of approx 1 guide to 8-10
- Support vehicles with bike spares, med kits, water, etc
- Tour leaders in charge of the logistics of the ride
- Collection from and return of bikes from your choice of 2 x locations – Weybridge, Surrey or Towcester, Northants
- 2 unique Tour cycle jerseys
- pie water bottles
- Safe storage of bikes overnight each night
- Coach and bike transport from John O’Groats to Inverness
Not Included in the Package
- Travel to the start in Land’s End and travel back from the hotel in Inverness
- Single room supplement. There is now a waiting list running on a first come first served basis for a supplement of £500 per person.
- Travel insurance
- Bicycle insurance
- Personal expenditures
- Drinks with meals
It is difficult to predict how Covid-19 will affect this trip, but rest assured we will take every precaution to keep our riders safe. We expect the majority of riders will be fully vaccinated and had boosters, but it is important that we maintain good practice:
- We ask that you consider having both vaccinations and the booster if relevant and available
- We ask you not to attend the trip if you have any symptoms or feel unwell
- We ask all riders to return a negative lateral flow test before joining the group. There may also be a requirement to test during the event itself.
- Where possible wash your hands. Where not possible there will be plenty of hand sanitiser gel in our vans, at the stops and in the hotel so please use them liberally.
- Give people space
- All pie staff are double vaccinated and will have tested negative via a lateral flow test before the event starts and another during the event
All entry fees will be refunded in full if the event is cancelled due to a government lockdown due to Covid-19.
- When you book your travel to/from Land’s End and John O’Groats / Inverness please consider offsetting your carbon emissions
Insurance – travel and bike
- pie is delighted to be an approved partner of Yellow Jersey Cycle Insurance. Get 10% off using the code pieevents10.
- We highly recommend purchasing travel insurance in advance. In our experience the main reason for using it is if you have to cancel for an insurable reason rather than an accident while on the ride
Testimonial from a previous rider
“I’ve ridden many time on pie events over the years, and I can say without fear of contradiction they are superb. And that word applies to all the essential components of a great trip – the organisation, accommodation, food, guiding, support, location and routing. Oh – I left out the craic and camaraderie as well!”
Dermot Murnaghan, Sky News Reader
The cost of the event does not include any contribution to your chosen charity. If you have chosen a charity to ride for we will contact the charity to advise them you are riding for them and will share your contact details with them.
Corporate Event Sponsorship:
If you would like to support the ride financially please contact us for sponsorship opportunities: Tina@pieevents.co.uk
If your bike looks like this after lockdown:
….You may want to start some training!
You will be receiving 2 exclusive Le Col tour cycle jerseys. Please note your size below and advise on the registration form with the link below. Le Col jerseys are made by and for Italians – they can therefore come up a little small!
The Land’s End to John O’Groats Cycle Challenge is a guided ride with groups being led by pie guides who help all abilities complete the challenge. For those not familiar with the pie guiding system:
- We offer guided rides to make sure we offer the very best care to our cyclists.
- All our guides are experienced cyclists. They range from ex-professional racers to keen. amateurs, and all are very used to guiding groups of differing abilities, experience, and skills.
- All our guides will navigate their small group of 8 – 10 cyclists from start to finish.
- They are on hand to do mechanical work so there is no waiting around for a mechanic’s van.
- Many pie guides are first aid trained.
- On most days cyclists can change groups (up or down) at any time during the day.
- We make the ride suitable for most standards of cyclists (bar complete beginners) – check the daily distances and elevations to make sure you are happy with your level of fitness vs the challenge above and then start some training to minimise the gap!
We will set up a Strava “club” for the Land’s End to John O’Groats Cycle Challenge. The link will be sent to you when you sign up.
If you have already got a personal Strava account you can just log on using the link we will send, join the LEJOG “club” and start your training with other riders.
If you haven’t got a Strava account, simply enter your details in the “Sign Up for Free” section on Strava.
Don’t be daunted by the leader board and other people’s fast times. We offer 3 different speeds of travel with 3 different guides, so there is something for everyone.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter at #bespokeguidedrides #pieevents
If you would like to invite someone on the ride please do. To book on the Land’s End to John O’Groats Bike ride 2022 click below. This will take you through to the website Ticket Tailor, where you can registration for the event:
To make your payment contact Tina@pieevents.co.uk who will send out the pie bank details for BACS payments.
We require a deposit of £500 to join the trip with the final balance due 8 weeks before the ride. Full payment can also be made at the time of registration if you prefer. We can also take the balance split into staggered payments once the deposit has been paid if you prefer.
If the Tour is cancelled due to a government lockdown due to Covid, your monies will be refunded
We look forward to seeing you on the ride!