27 Jan Open Event – Mallorca, Crossing the Island, October 11th – 15th 2017
October 11, 2017 - October 15, 2017
6:00 am - 9:00 pm
Indulge yourself in a 4 day fully supported point to point ride across the cycling Mecca of Mallorca. In small guided groups explore different areas of the island fully supported with luggage transfers in our vehicles, mechanics, food, and accommodation plus specialist cycling tutorials in the evenings.
- October 11th – 15th 2017
- Choice of 3 daily routes
- 3.5 days guided cycling
- 292km or 361km or 426k
- 4535m or 6836m or 7581m
- Fully supported ride
- Specialist tutorials
- All inclusive so all you have to do is pedal
- Costs £1350 (plus single room supplement £250)
Day 1 – Warm up loop, 50k, 330m or 66k 1084m
Arrive into Palma, Mallorca. Single transfer Palma airport to Pollença 45 mins. Set up of bikes, have lunch and briefing. Depending on flight times, there are 2 ride options. In the evening there’s a chance to gain some extra bike knowledge with tutorials from leading experts. Dinner and accommodation in the Pollenҫa Club Resort.
Day 2 – Pollenҫa to Palma, 90k, 1139m or 117k, 1539m or 160k, 1853m
Leaving the hotel behind us we make our way inland with the objective of crossing the island and reaching the south west corner and the tip of the Tramuntana mountains. We head through the coastal flatlands and into the foothills on the south eastern side of the Tramuntana range, over the Col d’Honor and through the village of Orient. Dinner and accommodation on the outskirts of Palma.
Day 3 – Palma to Port Soller, 75k, 1589m or 90k, 1887m or 112k, 2318m
This is a stunning day with everything you would expect from a mountainous Mediterranean island – short sharp hills and long demanding ones. We head off southwards on the winding coast road we arrived on the day before, then head further south to the very picturesque upmarket resort of Port Andratx. We then head north on the coast road before it dips to the south to pick up the traffic free climb over the Coll de Soller at 497m and its many hairpins. Dinner & accommodation in Port Soller.
Day 4 Port Soller to Club Pollenҫa Resort, 77k, 1477m or 88k, 2326m
Day 4 is the climax of our 4 days riding. The route out of Port Soller is a steady uphill of over 1000m climbing. For those that need hairpins, the road (down) to Sa Calobra beckons. The descent is beyond description – 12kms of hairpins, switchbacks, 360 degree turns through tunnels, fast straights and chicanes with a descent (to nowhere) and consequent ascent, of 800m. Continue to the bustling town of Pollenҫa before finally arriving at the lovely seaside resort of Port Pollenҫa and back to our start hotel. Dinner and accommodation.
Free day to relax and enjoy the hotel facilities until the transfer to the airport.
£1350 – Per person. Includes:
- Dedicated event manager in charge
- Guides at a ratio of 10 cyclists : 1 guide
- All food for the 3.5 days cycling including breakfast, lunch and dinner, 2 daily snack stops (AM and PM), and post ride snacks
- Return group transfer airport to hotel
- 2 evening tutorials on specialist subjects
- Accommodation in twin rooms x 4 nights
- Support vehicles during the event
- Bikes taken to / from Mallorca
- Luggage labels
- If booking a group pre event support and logistics for your group – fully insured operator, contracts, online payment and registration, kit lists, pre-event briefing sessions, etc
- Personal travel and bike insurance
- Single supplement costs
- Drinks with meals
- Travel to and from Mallorca