05 Jul Mediacom Chilterns Ride
- Mediacom Chilterns Ride
July 19, 2018
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
For those wanting a fun day out on a bike in beautiful countryside – this is it! If you would like more of a challenge, chuck in a few more hills to get you motivated! This will be an enjoyable day for all, with cyclists having a choice of a 84k or 117k route incorporating named climbs and wonderful scenery. pie guides will lead groups offering different pacing on each route. This loop ride will commence with breakfast and will culminate in a well-earned BBQ lunch mid-afternoon at a great local pub.
Thursday, 19th July 2018
- 84k and 117k (approx) rides for Mediacom management, employees and guests
- Start and finish at the Old Bell Inn, Wooburn Green
- Named climbs: Whiteleaf, Chinnor Hill
- Loop ride guided by pie guides
- Meet at start location at 8.30 – 9am for coffee and light bite breakfast
- Stop twice on route in cafes
- Late lunch on return 15.00 – 17.00
The Old Bell Inn
This 16th century pub has recently been refurbished and offers the local community a welcoming place to eat or drink in the sunshine with outdoor seating or indoors. Rooms will be available to shower and change in after the ride.
|Route||Distance (km)||Elevation (m)|
- Loop ride guided by pie guides
- Guides at a ratio of approximately 8-10 cyclists to one pie guide
- Support vehicles with bike spares, bike tool kits, first-aid kits, fresh water, sunscreen, etc
- All the small print – risk assessments, fully insured operator, contract, registration forms, kit lists, emergency cards
Who are pie?
pie are unique in the industry offering only bespoke guided rides for companies, charities and groups of individuals.
Looking After You
The route has been fully recce’d and will be along smaller roads making the cycling fun as well as challenging. This ride is fully supported with guides at a ratio of one guide to 8-10 cyclists, support vehicles and tour leaders. You will receive breakfast at the pub before setting off, two cafe refreshment stops during the ride, and a substantial lunch on your return.
Groups will be led by pie guides familiar with the terrain and who will help cyclists of all abilities complete the ride.
- Our guided rides make sure we offer the very best care to our cyclists
- All of our guides are experienced cyclists. They range from ex-professional racers to keen amateurs and all are very used to guiding groups of differing abilities, experience and skill
- Our guides will navigate their small group of 8 – 10 cyclists, from start to finish
- They are on hand to help with mechanical work so there is no waiting around for a mechanic’s van
- Cyclists can change groups (up or down in distance or speed) at any time during the day
- Learn more about the pie team here: https://www.pieevents.co.uk/guides-leaders-medics/pieevents.co.uk/guides-leaders-medics/
We have set up a Strava “club” event for the ride. The link will be sent to you when you sign up.
If you have already got a personal Strava account you can just log on using the link we will send, join the Scannappeal “club” and start your training with other riders.
If you haven’t got a Strava account, simply enter your details in the “Sign Up for Free” section on Strava.
Don’t be daunted by the leader board and other people’s fast times. We offer different guides, with different speeds, so there is something for everyone.
For More Information:
For more information contact Carina White: email@example.com
THIS IS A PRIVATE EVENT FOR GUESTS AND EMPLOYEES OF MEDIACOM ONLY