17 Apr Novo Nordisk’s Cycle for Cities Changing Diabetes – 16th to 22nd June 2019. DAY RIDERS ONLY
- Novo Nordisk's Cycle for Cities Changing Diabetes - 16th to 22nd June 2019. DAY RIDERS ONLY
June 16, 2019 - June 22, 2019
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
We are delighted to be working with Novo Nordisk again in the delivery of their Cycle For Cities : Changing Diabetes Bike Ride 2019. This year the ride will start in Leicester and finish at the Olympic VeloPark in Stratford. It is for employees and invited guests of Novo Nordisk only.
- Challenge Type: Road Cycling
- Challenge Name: Cycle For Cities
- Destination: UK
- Dates: 16th – 22nd June 2019
- Grade: Moderate
- Accommodation: Hotels
Accompanied by 2 members of Team Novo Nordisk (www.teamnovonordisk.com/), Cycle For Cities Changing Diabetes will spend 7 days cycling through key UK cities to spread awareness of diabetes. There will be a group of core riders made up of Novo Nordisk employees, doing the whole 7-day ride. We invite you to join us for a day.
- Now that we have done the recce, the route has changed a little. We are now going through Weybridge instead of Watford and the mileage has changed a little as result on days 6 and 7. Please note itinerary is subject to change.
Day Riders will receive 1 exclusive cycling jersey. Please take a note of the size charts below and enter your preferred size on the registration form.
Please note there is a minimum age applicable to join this ride which is 15 years old on the day of riding. In addition anyone aged 15-17 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian on the ride who will be fully responsible for them at all times. Both riders must complete the registration below to ride.
Who are pie?
pie are unique in the industry offering only bespoke guided rides for companies, charities and groups of individuals.
Looking After You
The route has been fully recce’d and will be along smaller roads where ever possible making the cycling fun as well as challenging. The Cycle For Cities Changing Diabetes ride is fully supported with guides at a ratio of one guide to 8-10 cyclists, support vehicles, tour leaders and medics. Each day you will receive morning and afternoon refreshment stops while on the ride, a substantial lunch and post ride snacks. Core riders only will receive breakfast at the hotel before setting off, dinner and single room accommodation each night.
The Cycle For Cities Changing Diabetes is a guided ride with groups being led by pie guides and who help all abilities complete the challenge. In an age where independence rather than group cycling is heralded, those not familiar with the pie guiding system may be reluctant to follow rather than lead.
- We offer guided rides to make sure we offer the very best care to our cyclists
- All of our guides are experienced cyclists. They range from ex-professional racers to keen amateurs and all are very used to guiding groups of differing abilities, experience and skill
- All of our guides will navigate their small group of 8 – 10 cyclists, from start to finish
- They are on hand to do mechanical work so there is no waiting around for a mechanic’s van
- Many pie guides are first aid trained
- Cyclists can change groups (up or down) at any time during the day
We have set up a Strava “club” for the “Cycle For Cities” ride. The link will be sent to you when you sign up. If you have already got a personal Strava account you can just log on using the link we will send, join the “Cycle For Cities” “club” and start your training with other cyclists.
If you haven’t got a Strava account, simply enter your details in the “Sign Up for Free” section on Strava.
Follow us at #cycleforcities #bespokeguidedrides #pieevents
The Cycle For Cities Changing Diabetes Ride is for employees and guests of Novo Nordisk only. Spaces are limited so please only register for the ride if you have been instructed to do so.
Novo Nordisk is organising and funding the Cycle For Cities Changing Diabetes ride. pie are managing all the ride logistics and dealing with the registration process on behalf of Novo Nordisk. For the effective delivery and management of the participants and their safety, data collected by pie for the purposes stated above, may be shared with Novo Nordisk.
If you are having problems registering please try another browser, private mode or incognito and try a laptop rather than a phone.
For further information, please contact Tina Corsini: email@example.com