08 Feb Private Event – Downerhill to Paris Bike Ride July 20th-23rd 2017
- July 20, 2017 - July 23, 2017
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Date: 20th – 23rd July 2017
This three day bike ride sees the cyclists riding from Twickenham to Paris, finishing in time to see the Tour de France (perhaps to witness another British win?!?). One route will be available each day, with a choice between our “standard” or “hard” options for the group. Of course, our fantastic guides and support crew will be on hand throughout, leading you through some lovely countryside and serving plenty of food at our refreshment stops.
Please note this is a private event.
- Bucket List Bike Ride
- Finishing in Paris in time to see the finish of the Tour de France
Route: 365km, over 3 days; Portsmouth Caen ferry
Summary of London to Paris
Total distance of 365km, over 3 days
Maps show extensions to normal route if whole group would prefer a longer ride.
Day 1 – Twickenham to Portsmouth (110km)
Arrival at start at 7am. Light refreshments will be provided. Set off through Bushy Park and Hampton Court then into the Surrey Hills to begin tackling the North and South Downs.
Changing facilities and a buffet dinner available for the cyclists. Bikes will be loaded on to the pie vehicles for the overnight ferry crossing. Accommodation provided in 4-berth cabins on the overnight ferry.
Day 2 – Caen to Evreux (142km)
We arrive early (06.45) in to Ouistreham, Caen and disembark the ferry before having breakfast. We are then out onto the road for the ride to Evreux.
The hotel in Evreux is well located in the heart of the town, with the town square and cathedral a short walk away. Dinner is at a local restaurant.
Day 3 – Evreux to Paris (113km)
Breakfast is taken at the hotel, before setting off on the journey to the capital. En route we cycle through the beautiful grounds of the Palace of Versailles. It’s then one final push into Paris and the finish at your choice of the Arc de Triumph or Eiffel Tour.
Day 4 – Travel Home
Cyclists are free to enjoy Paris, before boarding the Eurostar back to the UK. Bikes will be transported by the pie support crew to St Pancras to meet the incoming train or to another single point of drop off in London or Surrey if more convenient.
£1050 per person payable as a deposit of £450 and a final balance 8 weeks before of £600. Payments to be made by bank transfer – please contact Tina@pieevents.co.uk for details.
Single room Supplement = £195
- Dedicated event manager
- Pre-event support
- All food included from a refreshment at the start to breakfast on day of departure from Paris
- Lunches on every riding day x 3
- Snacks/stops x 2 per day on every riding day = 6
- Post ride snacks x 3
- Dinners x 3 (Portsmouth, Evreux, Paris)
- Shared hotel rooms for showers Portsmouth
- 1 night in 4 man cabins on overnight ferry (single cabins are available on payment of a supplement)
- Accommodation included in twin rooms en suite in Evreux and Paris
- Guides, tour leaders, medics
- Support vehicles during event
- Use of village halls or cafes for each refreshment stop
- Luggage labels for all cyclists
- Hydro tabs for all cyclists
- Free pie water bottle for all cyclists
- All the small print – risk assessments, fully insured operator, contract, registration forms, kit lists, briefing session x 1 if needed, etc
- Personal travel and bike insurance
- Eurostar travel from Paris to London at the end of the ride
- Drinks with meals
- Carriage of bikes to start in Twickenham
- Single supplement costs
- Expenditures over £30 for the finish meal in Paris
- Pre event dinner and accommodation on the Wednesday night
Where ever possible we make sure that refreshment stops are in a village hall or equivalent to allow access to fresh water, toilets, mechanical tools & spare parts, and protection from whatever the weather is doing. All stops will provide fresh water, hot and cold drinks, sweet and savoury foods, fresh fruit, etc. At least once during the trip we also have a stop at a real “café”.
It is mandatory each person is covered by travel insurance. In our experience the majority of insurance claims are for cancellations in advance of the event rather than anything that happens on the event itself.
We are a cycling events company specialising in developing and delivering high quality bespoke guided bike rides throughout the UK and Europe. We work with multinationals, charities and groups of individuals to deliver exactly what you want, so your ride is tailor made for you.
All of our events are fully supported. Our multi day rides are guided on a ratio of 1 guide to 10 cyclists and supported by an experienced crew of tour leaders and medics. Our sportives are fully supported with vehicles, medics and an experienced team delivering safety and logistics. We provide 3 food stops a day, transport luggage from A to B, and deal with all mechanical and medical issues.
Beautiful scenery & great riding is provided as standard!
If you have any questions, or would like any more information, please don’t hesitate to contact: Tina@pieevents.co.uk