09 Feb Rugbytots Stadium Tour in Aid of Wooden Spoon
August 31, 2023 - September 3, 2023
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
We are delighted to be working with Rugbytots in the delivery of their Stadia Cycle ride in aid of Wooden Spoon. The 2023 ride promises to be bigger and better than ever!
Dates of Ride
Thursday August 31st – Sunday 3rd September 2023
Price: £1200 per person
- Riding from one amazing rugby stadium to another starting at the home of the Exeter Chiefs, then Wells RFC, Bath RFC, the Bristol Bears and finishing at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff
- Cheddar Gorge
- Fabulous countryside going through the Quantock Hills, Mendips, Cotswolds and Wye AONB
Thursday 31st August
Meet at the hotel near the Exeter Chiefs grounds for dinner, welcome and briefing.
Friday 1st September – Exeter to Wells
After breakfast in the hotel we’ll head off in a north easterly direction towards our end destination that day of Wells. Along the way we’ll enjoy the scenery of the Quantocks Hills. They are called the Quantock Hills for a reason as we rack up a few punchy ascents today in preparation for tomorrow.
We will supply 3 refreshment stops a day as well as dinner and accommodation tonight.
Saturday 2nd September – Wells to Gloucester via Bristol and Cheltenham
We have breakfast in the hotel then head off towards todays big challenge – Cheddar Gorge, in the heart of the Mendips.
This afternoon we will pass and Bristol Stadium and Cheltenham before returning to Gloucester.
Again, there will be three refreshment stops during the day.
Dinner and accommodation in local hotel.
Sunday 3rd September – Gloucester to Cardiff Arms Park
Breakfast in the hotel will set you up for the final day. You’ll need little motivation to begin the final push towards Cardiff as we head parallel to the Severn and through the Wye Valley AONB.
This evening you will have the opportunity to toast your success at the celebration meal in a wonderful venue, along with fellow cyclists.
Again, there will be three refreshment stops during the day.
Accommodation not included tonight. Should you wish to book your own, there is a Holiday Inn located 4 minutes away from the Principality Stadium and the Cardiff Sandringham Hotel located 7 minutes away.
- pie bike guides at a ratio of 1 guide for every 10 cyclists. Our guides will be responsible for the navigation of their groups, along with providing mechanical assistance along the way.
- Full support crew working behind the scenes setting up regular refreshment stops, transferring luggage and dealing with hotels
- 1 x fully qualified medic
- All food from a dinner the night before the ride to finish celebrations in Cardiff
- Hotel accommodation x 3 nights (twin share)
- Cycle jersey
What’s Not Included
- Personal travel and bike insurance
- Single Supplement costs (£130)
- Drinks with evening meals
Once you have registered for the ride, Wooden Spoon will use your email address to set you up with a JustGiving page which will link to the main JustGiving page for the event. If you already have one set up let us know and we will add it to the ride group. We ask that a minimum sponsorship amount of £800 is met.
Rugbytots and Wooden Spoon
Rugbytots is the world’s leading rugby play programme and we’ve always been passionate about using our business to benefit others. Since 2007, we’ve donated over £900,000 to good causes and since 2015, we’ve been supporting Wooden Spoon, the children’s charity of rugby. Due to their regional presence, we can ensure the funds raised are used to benefit the communities they are raised in.
As with previous events, the main message is one of pulling together to achieve something special for people who are in desperate need of life changing care or equipment. We are seeking sponsors across all levels to partner us on this fantastic journey. From headline sponsorship to a logo placement on our cycling jerseys; being part of this journey will be rewarding and valuable for any business.
Who are pie?
pie are unique in the industry offering only bespoke guided rides for companies, charities and groups of individuals.
Looking After You
The event is fully supported with guides at a ratio of one guide to 10 cyclists, support vehicles, tour leaders and medics. Each day you will receive breakfast at the hotel before setting off each day, morning and afternoon refreshment stops while on the ride, a substantial lunch plus dinner and twin room accommodation each night (no accommodation provided on the last night).
This is a guided ride with groups being led by pie guides who help all abilities complete the challenge. In an age where independence rather than group cycling is heralded, those not familiar with the pie guiding system may be reluctant to follow rather than lead.
- We offer guided rides to make sure we offer the very best care to our cyclists
- All of our guides are experienced cyclists. They range from ex-professional racers to keen amateurs and all are very used to guiding groups of differing abilities, experience and skill
- All of our guides will navigate their small group of 8 – 10 cyclists, from start to finish
- They are on hand to do mechanical work so there is no waiting around for a mechanic’s van
- Many pie guides are first aid trained
- Cyclists can change groups (up or down) at any time during the day
We will set up a Strava “club” for the Rugbytots ride. The link will be sent to you when you sign up. If you have already got a personal Strava account you can just log on using the link we will send, join the “club” and start your training with other Rugbytot cyclists and Wooden Spoon supporters. If you haven’t got a Strava account, simply enter your details in the “Sign Up for Free” section on Strava.
Don’t be daunted by the leader board and other people’s fast times! As the rides are guided, different groups will ride at different speeds, so there is something for everyone.
Follow us at #bespokeguidedrides, #pieevents #StadiaRide #charitybikeride
To confirm your place on the ride you will need to pay a £250 deposit using the options below:
BACS transfer (contact Tina@pieevents.co.uk for the details).
Or online credit card payment via stripe (please note registration will open in a separate window and monies are taken by Stripe)
The final balance is due 6 weeks before the ride on or before the 17th July 2023. The final balance due is £950. This does not include single room supplements (£130).
Not sure whether you want to join us yet? Click here to see a short video on our last ride.
Please click on the registration button below to register for the ride: