09 Jan St Barnabas House Hospice Hit The Downs MTB, May 7th 2017
- May 7, 2017
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
pie is pleased to work with St Barnabas House and Chestnut Tree House Hospices in delivering their inaugural Hit The Downs Mountain Bike ride!
St Barnabas Hospice provides end of life care services, both at the hospice and in the local community, to adults with advanced progressive life-limiting conditions. Chestnut Tree House offers care for children and young adults with progressive life-limiting conditions from Sussex and South East Hampshire. They are the only children’s hospices in East and West Sussex, and care for 280 children and young adults between the ages of 0 and 25 years of age.
The route itself is still in development, but we can promise some amazing scenery and challenging terrain!
- Challenge Type: Mountain Bike / Off-Road cycling
- Challenge Name: Hit The Downs Mountain Bike
- Destination: South Downs, Sussex
- Dates: 7th May 2017
- Grade: Moderate / Tough (choice of three routes)
- A 1 day off-road bike ride, with three route options
- Event held exclusively for supporters of St Barnabas House and Chestnut Tree House Hospices
- Refreshment stops included
- Support vehicles with medics
- TCX files available in advance
- Fully signed route
- Event timing
Looking After You
The route will be fully recce’d and will be along a selection of quiet, minor roads and off-road trails making the cycling fun as well as challenging.
The event is fully signed, and the route will be made available in advance for cyclists to download onto their navigation devices. We will also provide two feed stations, giving you a chance to re-fuel and top up your water bottles.
- All timings are to be confirmed. Please contact St Barnabas House / Chestnut Tree House for further details.
- TBC – Watch this space!
For More Information