04 Jun TEDDY’S TOUR – THE CHILTERN 100, 5TH SEPTEMBER 2021
- September 5, 2021
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
We are delighted to be working with Teddy’s Wish in the delivery of their inaugural Chiltern 100 Bike Ride. The ride will be for supporters of the charity with all funds raised going to Teddy’s Wish.
- Date: September 5th 2021
- There are 2 options of routes – 100k and 100 miles. Choose whichever you wish!
We shall be starting in the centre of Beaconsfield at Davenies School, on a loop ride, making our way into the Chilterns along quiet routes with stunning scenery and returning for a celebratory lunch.
We are anticipating starting the ride at 9am and there will be one stop en route. You should be prepared, and have trained, for approximately 5-8 hours in the saddle.
This is a guided ride, led by pie guides catering for all standards of cyclists.
Although at the time of launch, we are looking forward to further relaxations of the Covid “Rules” and many attendees will have been vaccinated by that date, we will still be mindful of the regulations and our part in reducing the spread of the virus.
- We ask you not to attend the ride if you have any symptoms.
- We ask if you have not had a vaccine that you get tested to reduce transmission. There are council run test centres available for people to attend to see if they are asymptomatic. You will receive the test results in 30 minutes by text or email. If you have a positive test result within 3 days of the ride we ask that you do not attend.
- Although we will spend most of the day outdoors, indoors it may be the law to wear a face mask while moving around inside. Please therefore bring a mask to wear while at the refreshment stops during the day and in the school.
- The Rule of 6 may be imposed at seating inside.
- Where possible wash your hands. Where not possible there will be plenty of hand sanitiser gel in our vans, at the stops and in the hotel so please use them liberally.
- Give people space – not everyone will have been vaccinated.
Insurance – travel and bike
- pie is delighted to be an approved partner of Yellow Jersey Cycle Insurance. Get 10% off using the code pieevents10.
If your bike looks like this after lockdown:
….You may want to start some training!
The Chilterns Bike ride is a guided ride with groups being led by pie guides who are familiar with the terrain and who help all abilities complete the challenge. For those not familiar with the pie guiding system:
- We offer guided rides to make sure we offer the very best care to our cyclists
- All of our guides are experienced cyclists. They range from ex-professional racers to keen amateurs and all are very used to guiding groups of differing abilities, experience and skills
- All of our guides will navigate their small group of 8 – 10 cyclists from start to finish
- They are on hand to do mechanical work so there is no waiting around for a mechanic’s van
- Many pie guides are first aid trained
- We make the ride suitable for most standards of cyclists (bar complete beginners) – check the minimum daily distances and elevations to make sure you are happy with your level of fitness vs the challenge above, and then start some training to minimise the gap!
- Meet the pie team
About Teddy’s Wish
Teddy’s Wish was set up by parents Jen and Chris Reid in July 2014 to honour the memory of their baby boy Eddie who they lost to SIDS (sudden infant death syndrome) when he was only three months old.
The charity raises funds for potentially life-saving research into the causes of SIDS, neonatal death and stillbirth and provides bereavement support for grieving families. The precious funds raised from Teddy’s Tour, our inaugural bike ride, will provide direct bereavement counselling sessions for families so desperately in need of our support.
We are asking for each cyclist to raise a minimum of £500 for Teddy’s Wish which can be done by setting up a JustGiving page here: https://www.justgiving.com/team/teddystour2021
You will have to click on the link, then click on ‘join the team’, you will then be prompted to search for the event but if it doesn’t show up please click on the ‘describe your own event’ link and write Teddy’s Tour – The Chiltern 100.
On the registration page below you will be asked to agree to raise a minimum of £500 for Teddy’s Wish. There is no registration fee just the sponsorship amount. The sponsorship is therefore due to be paid in full 2 weeks before the ride.
Please click through to the registration page using the button below.
We have set up a Strava “club” for the Chiltern 100. The link will be sent to you when you sign up.
If you have already got a personal Strava account you can just log on using the link we will send, join the Chiltern 100 “club” and start your training with others on the ride.
If you haven’t got a Strava account, simply enter your details in the “Sign Up for Free” section on Strava.
Don’t be daunted by the leader board and other people’s fast times. You have 2 distances to choose from and, with 6 different guides, we will be offering 6 different speeds as well, so there is something for everyone.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter at #bespokeguidedrides #pieevents
We would be so grateful if you could share pictures using these hash tags #teddywish #teddyscyclists #teddystour
If you would like to invite someone on the ride please share this link, or if you would like to add someone to the invite list, please ask them to contact Jennifer Reid email@example.com
Click on the Registration button below to book on Teddy’s Tour – The Chiltern 100.
We look forward to seeing you in the Chilterns!