03 Aug The Great Antidote Ride October 2nd 2020
The Great Antidote Ride
October 2, 2020
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
As so many cycling events have been cancelled this year, we have launched the inaugural pie ride – the Great Antidote Ride, the antidote to all things 2020. The ride is open to all especially to those whose pie event was cancelled this year, enabling riders to meet and socialise “(almost) like the good old days”. It will be run exactly as you would expect with pie guides leading the way, pie tour leaders driving support vehicles, hired vans, an array of pie cyclists, great food, fabulous riding, and a lot of banter.
The ride will start and finish in the Surrey Hills, Friday October 2nd 2020.
In order to encourage cyclists to bring guests who may be not-so-cycling-proficient, we have introduced some shorter routes. Cyclists will be able to choose between four different routes (40km, 60km, 100km and 125km), all incorporating sections of the 2012 London Olympic course, with an optional ascent of Box Hill added to the 40k and 60k rides. Enjoy your chosen distance and then come together at the stops or at lunch.
*PLEASE NOTE – DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST THE 40K OPTION IS NO LONGER ON OFFER.
pie guides will lead groups on each route offering different pacing on each. The ride will commence with breakfast and culminate in a well-earned mid-afternoon BBQ at the foot of Box Hill. There will 1-2 refreshment stops on route depending on which route you are doing.
Our start location is now confirmed at https://www.denbies.co.uk/ the UK’s largest wine producer, located just north of Dorking.
Price per person: £99
Included in the cost:
- Loop ride led by pie guides
- 3 optional distances
- Meet at Denbies Vineyard for coffee and breakfast
- 1-2 refreshment stops on route during the ride depending on your chosen distance
- Late lunch on return to Denbies (drinks not included)
- Guides at a ratio of approximately 5-6 cyclists to one pie guide
- Gels and electrolyte tablets provided
- Support vehicles with bike spares, bike tool kits, first-aid kits, fresh water, sunscreen, etc
- Covid – 19 compliant policies
- All the small print – risk assessments, fully insured operator, kit lists, emergency cards
- Travel to and from the venue
- Bike hires
Who are pie?
pie are unique in the industry offering only bespoke guided rides for companies, charities and groups of individuals.
Groups will be led by pie guides familiar with the terrain and who will help cyclists of all abilities complete the challenge.
- Our guided rides make sure we offer the very best care to our cyclists
- All of our guides are experienced cyclists. They range from ex-professional racers to keen amateurs and all are very used to guiding groups of differing abilities, experience and skill
- Our guides will navigate their small group from start to finish
- They are on hand to help with mechanical work so there is no waiting around for a mechanic’s van
- Many pie guides are first aid trained
- Cyclists can change groups (up or down) at any time during the day
- Learn more about our guides, leaders and medics
Method of Payment:
There are 2 payment options:
- First option is to pay the full amount of £99 by cheque or BACS (please contact us for payment details: firstname.lastname@example.org). For BACS payment click the £0 option below
- Second option is to pay the full amount of £99 online using the button below
This ride will be run along Covid secure guidelines to ensure everyone’s safety. If government guidance closes the event, we will refund monies received.
DUE TO THE CURRENT PANDEMIC WE WILL NOT BE TAKING SIGN UPS ON THE DAY. REGISTRATIONS WILL CLOSE 10 DAYS BEFORE THE EVENT ON SEPTEMBER 21st. REGISTRATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
For more information:
Please contact Tina for further information about the Great Antidote Ride: