17 May THE ISG FIT OUT RICHMOND TO BRIGHTON BIKE RIDE, 24TH JUNE 2021
- June 24, 2021
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
We are delighted to be working with ISG Construction in the delivery of their inaugural Richmond to Brighton Bike Ride. The ride will be for employees and invited guests of ISG.
Date: June 24th 2021
This 60 mile route starts at Richmond Athletic Association and heads south via the North Downs, the South Downs and finally arrives at Brighton.
- Starts in leafy suburbia, Richmond upon Thames so instantly excellent cycling
- 2 stops along the way
- Finish in a fabulous pub in Brighton
- Coach back to Richmond
Although at the time of writing, we are looking forward to a slight relaxation of the Covid “Rules” and many attendees will have been vaccinated by that date, we will still be mindful of the regulations and our part in reducing the spread of the virus.
- We ask you not to attend the ride if you have any symptoms.
- We ask if you have not had a vaccine that you get tested to reduce transmission. There are council run test centres available for people to attend to see if they are asymptomatic. You will receive the test results in 30 minutes by text or email. If you have a positive test result within 3 days of the ride we ask that you do not attend.
- Although we will spend most of the day outdoors, indoors it will still be the law to wear a face mask while moving around inside. Please therefore bring a mask to wear while at the refreshment stops during the day and in the pub.
- The Rule of 6 will be imposed at seating inside. This means that we will not be seated in our riding groups. Please respect this rule.
- Where possible wash your hands. Where not possible there will be plenty of hand sanitiser gel in our vans, at the stops and in the hotel so please use them liberally.
- Give people space – not everyone will have been vaccinated.
Insurance – travel and bike
- pie is delighted to be an approved partner of Yellow Jersey Cycle Insurance. Get 10% off using the code pieevents10.
Testimonial from a Previous Rider
“I’ve ridden many time on pie events over the years, and I can say without fear of contradiction they are superb. And that word applies to all the essential components of a great trip – the organisation, accommodation, food, guiding, support, location and routing. Oh – I left out the craic and camaraderie as well!”
Dermot Murnaghan, Sky News Reader
If your bike looks like this after lockdown:
….You may want to start some training!
The Richmond to Brighton Bike ride is a guided ride with groups being led by pie guides who are familiar with the terrain and who help all abilities complete the challenge. For those not familiar with the pie guiding system:
- We offer guided rides to make sure we offer the very best care to our cyclists
- All of our guides are experienced cyclists. They range from ex-professional racers to keen amateurs and all are very used to guiding groups of differing abilities, experience and skills
- All of our guides will navigate their small group of 8 – 10 cyclists from start to finish
- They are on hand to do mechanical work so there is no waiting around for a mechanic’s van
- Many pie guides are first aid trained
- We make the ride suitable for most standards of cyclists (bar complete beginners) – check the minimum daily distances and elevations to make sure you are happy with your level of fitness vs the challenge above, and then start some training to minimise the gap!
- Meet the team!