16 Dec THE OVERBURY CHILTERNS RIDE, 9TH JUNE 2022
June 9, 2022
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Dates: June 9th 2022
This 60k route includes the very best of the Chilterns AONB and a combination of Chinnor Hill, Kingston Hill and Watlington Hill for that extra challenge!
- The best of the Chilterns AONB
- Includes climbs from the Tour of Britain
- Starting and finishing at England’s oldest pub https://www.theoldestpub.com/
The Royal Standard of England
The Royal Standard of England is the oldest Free House in England. For over 900 years this hostelry has been giving shelter and hospitality to the wayfarer. Passing through the ancient wooden doors light disappears as does the changing modern world you leave behind. Making your way into the bar over the medieval tiled floor you are welcomed by warming smells of wood smoke, hops and home cooked food. Taking a seat, you are encased in a world of candle lit rooms filled with treasures, trophies and ghosts of the past.
Although many attendees will have been vaccinated and had their boosters by the time of the event, we will be mindful of the current regulations and our part in reducing the spread of the virus.
- We ask you not to attend the ride if you have any symptoms or feel unwell.
- We ask if you have not had a vaccine that you get tested to reduce transmission.
- Although we will spend most of the day outdoors, indoors it may be the law to wear a face mask while moving around. Please therefore bring a mask to wear while at the refreshment stops during the day and in the pub communal areas.
- Where possible wash your hands. Where not possible there will be plenty of hand sanitiser gel in our vans, at the stops and in the hotel so please use them liberally.
- Give people space – not everyone will have been vaccinated.
Insurance – travel and bike
- pie is delighted to be an approved partner of Yellow Jersey Cycle Insurance. Get 10% off using the code pieevents10.
Testimonial from a Previous Rider
“I’ve ridden many time on pie events over the years, and I can say without fear of contradiction they are superb. And that word applies to all the essential components of a great trip – the organisation, accommodation, food, guiding, support, location and routing. Oh – I left out the craic and camaraderie as well!”
Dermot Murnaghan, Sky News Reader
If your bike looks like this after lockdown:
….You may want to start some training!
The Chilterns ride is a guided ride with groups being led by pie guides who are familiar with the terrain and who help all abilities complete the ride. For those not familiar with the pie guiding system:
- We offer guided rides to make sure we offer the very best care to our cyclists
- All of our guides are experienced cyclists. They range from ex-professional racers to keen amateurs and all are very used to guiding groups of differing abilities, experience and skills
- All of our guides will navigate their small group of 8 – 10 cyclists from start to finish
- They are on hand to do mechanical work so there is no waiting around for a mechanic’s van
- Many pie guides are first aid trained
- We make the ride suitable for most standards of cyclists (bar complete beginners) – check the minimum daily distances and elevations to make sure you are happy with your level of fitness vs the challenge above, and then start some training to minimise the gap!
- Meet the pie team