21 Mar THE TRUE CYCLE CHALLENGE – MALLORCA – 2ND – 5TH OCTOBER 2019
- THE TRUE CYCLE CHALLENGE
October 2, 2019 - October 5, 2019
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Following the success of the 2018 True Cycle Challenge, True is once again hosting this event for guests and employees of True, raising money for Tommy’s, the UK’s number one baby charity. Individuals will take on three days of cycling – the Warm Up, the Climb Challenge through the Tramuntana mountains, and culminating with the Team Sportive challenge. Accommodation is provided for the duration at the Club Pollentia Hotel and the Friday will finish with a celebratory Fiesta.
Day 1 – Wednesday 2nd October – The Warm Up Loop
- A coach transfer will meet the group at Palma airport to take you to the Club Pollentia hotel (if you are on the recommended flights as per below)
- Lunch will be provided on arrival while the bikes are set up or you are fitted with your rental bike
- Groups are led on guided warm-up rides along four different routes ranging in difficulty from “Working Up a Sweat” (easiest) to “Hors Categorie” (most challenging) – see the choices below
- Refreshment stop half way along the ride
- Dinner at the Club Pollentia
- Briefing on the Climb Challenge for the next day
Day 2 – Thursday 3rd October – The Climb Challenge
- Choose from the four different routes above
- A minimum of 3 stops will be provided throughout the day to keep you hydrated and fuelled for the challenge
- For anyone arriving on Thursday there will also be a half-day ride option
- Dinner at the Club Pollentia
- Briefing on the Team Sportive for the next day
Day 3 – Friday 4th October – The Team Sportive
- 50km self-guided loop around the Mallorca “flatlands”
- Each team will require a Garmin (this is not included in the package) / navigation device
- Teams will consist of 4 members with any cyclists entered as individuals being teamed-up with other riders
- 10-minute breaks will be enforced at two stops to ensure cyclists are fed and watered
- Chip timing will confirm the fastest team time as dictated by the last team member over the line, with a prize given to the winning team. For safety reasons, time trial bikes won’t be allowed on this event
- Celebratory fiesta!
Day 4 – Saturday 5th October – Departure
- Free time & breakfast until transfer to the airport at 09:00
Included in The True Cycle Challenge Package;
- 3 night’s single room en suite accommodation in Club Pollentia hotel
- Meals will be provided from arrival on Wednesday until Saturday morning departure
- Refreshment stops in the morning and afternoon on all rides, gels and hydration tablets while riding, plus post-ride snacks
- Transfers to and from the hotel when the recommended flights below are booked
- Guided riding on your choice of routes on the Wednesday and Thursday, with one guide to approximately 10 cyclists
- Marshalling and support vehicles for the Team Sportive
- Support vehicles with bike spares, med kits, water, mechanics, etc.
- Tour leaders, medics and mechanics on site
- Return transfer of your bike from The Storage Pod, Weybridge to the start of the ride and back to Weybridge after the Challenge if desired
- If renting bikes through ProCycle Hire, we will pick up and return these bikes on the cyclists’ behalf; simply select ‘True’ as operator in the booking form.
The event package does not include:
- Travel and bike insurance
- If renting a bike – the cost of bike rental from ProCycle Hire
- Garmin or other navigation device
- Personal expenditures
The recommended flights leaving on Wednesday morning and coming back on Saturday will be met by the group transfer.
Outbound – London Gatwick to Mallorca Palma
EZY8621 Departure 09:05 Wed 2nd Oct Arrival 12:40
Inbound – Mallorca Palma to London Gatwick
EZY8620 Departure 12:00 Sat 5th Oct Arrival 13:30
No matter which flights you choose, please send us the details once you have booked so we can include you in the transfer list. If you choose to book another flight which is not compatible with the provided transfer still let pie know so that we can accommodate where we can, or provide you with any relevant instructions for your arrival. We recommend you offset your carbon emissions via ClimateCare.
Looking After You
The route has been fully recce’d and will be along smaller roads making the cycling fun as well as challenging. The True Cycle Challenge is fully supported with one guide to approximately 10 cyclists on the guided challenges, as well as mechanics, support vehicles, tour leaders and medics. Each day you will receive breakfast at the hotel before setting off, morning and afternoon refreshment stops while on the ride, a substantial lunch, post-ride snacks, dinner and single room accommodation.
pie is unique in the industry offering only bespoke guided rides for companies, charities and groups of individuals.
The True Cycle Challenge includes two guided rides as well as the Team Sportive. The groups are led by pie guides who are familiar with the terrain and who help all abilities complete the challenge. We offer guided rides to make sure we offer the very best care to our cyclists:
- All of our guides are experienced cyclists. They range from ex-professional racers to keen amateurs and all are very used to guiding groups of differing abilities, experience and skill
- All of our guides will navigate their small group of approximately 10 cyclists from start to finish
- They are on hand to do mechanical work so there is no waiting around for a mechanic’s van
- Many pie guides are first aid trained
- Cyclists can change groups / routes (up or down) at any time during the day if the routes overlap
Fundraising & booking
Individuals will need to fundraise or contribute a minimum of £2,500, and teams of four £10,000.
Places are limited.
Please complete your registration form using the registration button below by 6th September to secure your place. Instructions on how to contribute / fundraise will be shared with you by True once you have entered your contact details in the registration form.
1 in 4 parents will have to go through the heartbreak of losing a child during pregnancy or birth. We want every parent to have the best possible pregnancy outcomes and to take home happy, healthy babies. We are the number 1 baby charity in the UK. We fund pioneering research into miscarriage, stillbirth and premature birth and we provide high-quality pregnancy health information to parents to make pregnancy safer and a whole new generation healthier.
We exist to save babies’ lives, and your support will help us to change outcomes for families and bring hope and happiness to families who have experienced devastating loss. To find out more about Tommy’s and its work please visit and follow our social channels: Web Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram
To find out more about Tommy’s or have any questions about fundraising you can speak to Kay Ali at Tommy’s, 020 7398 3436 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.