13 Feb Unilever – The Great Walk 2023 – June 16th 2023
Unilever - The Great Walk 2022
June 16, 2023
7:00 am - 6:00 pm
You’re invited to the biggest event of the year – The Great Walk 2023.
In order to register for The Great Walk 2023 we first require you to setup your donations page – such that we can more easily track our fundraising progress this year!
To setup your page please follow the below instructions:
- Please click on the below link to join the team fundraising page – this central page will collate all walkers and automatically split donations 50:50 between our two charity partners for this year. https://www.givewheel.com/fundraising/546/the-great-walk-2023/join-series
- When asked to authenticate the series creator’s email please enter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please enter your fundraising target as a minimum of £150.
The Great Walk is an annual event, where Unilever employees come together to do good whilst doing good for others, by walking a full or half marathon and raising money for charity.
The Great Walk has seen over 800 employees come together and raise over £200,000 for small charities such as Liverpool Ocular Oncology Research Group (LOORG) and Live Life Give Life.
In 2023 we will continue to raise money for Live Life Give Life and will start a new partnership with a charity nominated by you: SERV Surrey & London!
SERV (Service by emergency volunteers) Surrey & London are all volunteer who give up their time to provide an incredible service, transporting blood products, urgent samples, donated breast milk and medical supplies to hospitals and milk banks across Surrey and London 365 days a year, All free of charge to our NHS!
Having gone from East to West along the Thames in 2019 and 2021, in 2022 we introduced a different route starting from West and finishing at The Oval Cricket Ground in Vauxhall.
As this event is all about raising money and awareness for our two charities, it’s classed as a volunteering day – so Unilever employees don’t need to take annual leave to participate!
You can join us on Friday 16th June in person for:
- A Full marathon, from Waterloo to Vauxhall, starting at approx. 07:45
- A half marathon, from Kensington area TBC to Vauxhall, starting at approx. 13:00
To make this year bigger and better, Unilever are asking for
- A minimum fundraising target of £150 per person, so we can raise the most money to date!
- A registration fee of £25, which will cover the cost of your involvement in The Great Walk, including stops along the way, lunch and a 2023 Great Walk branded t-shirt.
Are you in for The Great Walk 2023?
Press register below to sign up through TicketTailor (link will open in a new window). Please note, the walk is only open to employees and guests of Unilever.
Route overview – Subject to Change.
We’ll meet early for registration and a safety briefing. You’ll then be provided with route maps (and route files in advance) before being set off in waves.
The route starts at Waterloo and makes its way towards Tower Bridge. It then snakes along the River Thames until you are greeted by Big Ben at Westminster Bridge. We then head north through Mayfair, and Marylebone until we reach Regents Canal and the tranquil canal area of Little Venice. After this we make our way through Paddington, Kensington and Hammersmith before we start to follow the Thames path towards Vauxhall for our finish at the Oval.
Along the way, we’ll pass by the famous sights of the Royal Albert Hall, Natural History Museum, Tower Bridge, The Old Vic, Big Ben, London Eye and more, before finally reaching The Oval for our finish line celebrations!
The half marathon option starts in Kensington area TBC (lunch stop for the full marathon) and then follows the second half of the marathon route.
There will be regular refreshment stops along the way, offering a welcome chance to put your feet up for a minute or two and grab a drink!
- Support along the route
- Full support crew working behind the scenes setting up regular refreshment stops, and providing medical backup
- 2 refreshment stops along the way (marathon route, 1 stop on half marathon route)
- Route files and maps
- Fully recced route
- Kit lists & hiker information document
- Post hike snacks
- Event t-shirts – see size guide below:
What’s not included?
- Travel to / from the hike
- Food & drink other than that provided at the refreshment stops
In the meantime, if you have any questions, please reach out to a member of The Great Walk team.
Unilever is a consumer goods company headquartered in London, United Kingdom. Its products include food and beverages, cleaning agents, beauty products, and personal care products.
Fundraising and Sponsorship
All fundraising and sponsorship enquiries should be directed to Unilever. There are opportunities to sponsor specific elements of the event, for example the refreshment stops, support crew, event branding.
Who are pie?
pie are unique in the industry offering only bespoke guided rides & hikes for companies, charities and groups of individuals.
Looking After You
The event is fully supported with pie crew on the route, support vehicles, tour leaders and medics. You will receive morning and afternoon refreshment stops and a substantial lunch. Every hiker will be given an emergency contact card with details of who they can call to ask for assistance if required.
Follow us and post to #pieevents #unilever #TheGreatWalk2023
Registrations are being taken through TicketTailor – click the button below!
Please note, the walk is only open to employees and guests of Unilever.