Barrie has been a professional cyclist for 15 years, racing at the highest level and travelling the World with mountain biking, road racing and cyclo-cross. He raced with many of the mountain bikers that have turned to Tour de France stars including Evans and Hesjedal.
He won 5 Elite National titles in the 90s at cross-country mountain biking and cyclo-cross, not to mention numerous national series titles, the “King of the mountains” in the Milk Race and Manchester Commonwealth Games.
These days Barrie does challenge events that takes his fancy. A regular at the Yorkshire 3 Peaks Cyclo-cross. In 2011 he did the Keswick to Barrow (40 mile) run and the Fred Whitton Challenge on the same weekend.
Barrie has been guiding for Tina and Paul since 2001 on both corporate and charity events. Amongst this are; Lands End to John O’Groats; mountain bike C2C; London to Paris; Wembley to Berlin; London to Cologue; JOGLE relays events as well as tours in Italy, France and Spain.
- British Mountain Bike Champion 1995 1996 1998
- British Mountain Bike Championships – silver medal 2003 2002 2001
- British Cyclo-Cross Champion 1995 1997
- Seven times British National Trophy Cyclo-Cross Series Winner
- National MTB Points Series – winner 2002
- Commonwealth Games 2002 – Manchester – mtb 6th place
- MTB Tour of Spain 1995 – winner
- MTB Tour of Britain 1996 – second place
- Girvin Premier Calendar 2003- winner KOM
- Ruban Granitier 2002 – Final stage winner – 7th overall
- Milk Race 1989 – King of Mountains – winner
- Tour of Normandy 1989 – King of Mountains – winner
- Tour of Willamette USA 2000 – Sprints competition – winner
- Tour of Willamette USA 2000 – King of Mountains – second place