Sue has been racing mountain & road bikes since 1994, which has taken her all over the world as part of the Great Britain cycling team & several professional teams.
Highlights so far in Sue’s career include multiple national titles & several top ten places on the international circuit. She also classes spending two winters over in Australia on the Gold Coast, training away from the rain of the UK, as a highlight!
Sue represented England at the 2002 Commonwealth Games, narrowly missing a medal due to a puncture.
Sue enjoys all cycling disciplines & has competed at the highest level on the road & cyclo-cross in the women’s World Cup races with great success.
As a qualified Personal Trainer & Nutritionist, her clients benefit from her vast experience & motivation. She is also a qualified massage therapist so can help “rebuild” clients once she has pushed them to their limits.
Sue has plenty of experience guiding groups both on & off road, including the likes of Formula One superstar Mark Webber & International Rugby star Ugo Monye.
When not racing, Sue enjoys hiking in the Lake District with husband Barrie & her springer spaniel Charlie, relaxing at home & seeing new places. She also enjoys yoga for relaxation.
Each summer Sue & husband Barrie take on an epic adventure cycle touring across mountainous regions completely self sufficient camping under the stars!
- 1996 Gold medal National hillclimb championships
- 2001 Bronze medal British National cyclocross championships
- 2002 7th Commonwealth Games, Manchester
- 2002 10th European MTB Championships, Switzerland
- 2002 British National series winner MTB
- 2001-2003 Silver medal British National MTB Championships
- 2004 Gold medal British National MTB Championships
- 2004 10th Crist Alp, Switzerland
- 2005-2006 Winner of National Cyclocross Trophy
- 2006 2nd Cappodoccia International Stage race
- 2008 11th European cyclocross championships, France
- 2009 Winner Cappodoccia International stage race
- 2009 Winner Club LaSanta International stage race, Lanzarote
- 2009 Bronze medal National cyclocross championships.
- 2009 National cyclocross Trophy
- 2009 British National MTB Champion
- 2014 2nd Spanish National XC marathon, Costa Blanca
- 2015 Winner BTT La Marina, Orba, Lliber & Xalo, Spain
- 2016 Winner BRT La Marina Beniganim & Xalo, Spain
- 2016 Winner Villalonga BTT marathon, Spain.