The vast majority of the work we do is providing fully supported events whether they be on road, off road or walking events, all bespoke to you and your charity, corporate or personal objectives.
If you are not quite at the stage of committing to a fully supported event, and would prefer a slice of pie rather than a whole one, our Ride Support Service helps you design, plan and deliver your own outstanding cycling event, with a little help and guidance from our domestiques at pie.
Each year we get many phone calls from people wanting a little help. They don’t want a fully supported ride, they would like a route, or someone to help with transfer of luggage, or a mechanic or just help with making their event happen.
As a result of this we have started our “Ride Support Service”. If you would like someone to help you with certain elements of your event, we have all the skills, manpower and experience to help you get your event off the ground.
“The routes were excellent… team were superb!” Badgers Tour of Basque
- Route help – Do you know of an area you would really like to ride in but are stuck on how to go about planning a route? We can do this for you, with or without a recce, anywhere in the UK or Europe for one day or multi day rides. We also have a vast array of routes throughout the UK and Europe which are proven and ready to go.
- Luggage transfer – so you’ve got a route and hotels but aren’t too keen on carrying your own gear? We can provide you “a man / woman with a van” anywhere in the UK or Europe, for one day or multi day rides
- Guide – haven’t yet got the confidence to set off on your own? We do! We have over a 100 guides willing to tackle varying speeds, all with a huge amount of experience, able to lead you around the UK or Europe. We’ll choose the right person to match your challenge
- Mechanics – love the cycling but not sure about what to do if the machinery goes wrong? We have mechanics who can be at the start of sportives checking bikes or tailing the peloton to keep you on the road
- Man (or woman) power – If you are looking for a specific type of job to be done on your event, we have a vast list of capable and experienced staff who can help – help with registration at the start of a sportive, help with food stops, manning junctions, collecting bikes, etc. You name it and we have probably done it.
- Medic – we have loads of amazing medics on our books who are nurses, paramedics, doctors, etc in their day jobs and work on events just for the fun of it!
- Accommodation – we can help source appropriate accommodation for your event. If you have a budget, location, number of people and standard of accommodation you are looking to stay in then we can help.
- Pre-event services such as collecting registrations, discussing best approach, funding mechanisms, logistical considerations, etc are all on offer
“Thanks to you for your amazing organisation. The feedback has been great” GroceryAid Coast to Coast
Group of senior execs – who needed a mechanic to drive a van supporting them in a London to Paris ride they had plotted and booked all hotels and ferries for
Santander – needed a route for a small group of cyclists wanting to ride from Madrid to Santander
Guy Martin – back in 2015, NorthOne, the film company behind a lot of Guy Martin’s adventures across the globe, approached pie to plan and develop the routes behind Guy Martin’s attempt at breaking a record that had stood since 1984. He needed a Round Britain route for his record breaking attempt to ride the 4,802 miles around the coastline of Great Britain.
We charge office work by the ½ day, plus the cost of eg staff wages, hotels, food, etc, according to what you ask us to do for you. All of this will be agreed in advance on a transparent basis. All costs are subject to VAT.
“Mechanics and support crew were great and really helped give confidence that if something went wrong they would fix it, mend you and send you on your way” 40tude cycle ride, Andalucía